Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by vwilliams797 I don't have a media card and I still have trouble ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vwilliams797 View Post
    I don't have a media card and I still have trouble with the phone shutting off in the middle of me talking. So far this is my 3rd bb curve that tm had 2 ship to me. The os is probally crappy a lot of glitches that need to be fixed asap because in all I love the phone

My problem was the battery. Try getting a new battery

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Do you guys/gals all use media cards? I think that's the common theme here.

Sometimes if an upgrade is done with the media card in the device, this will cause the rebooting issues you all are experiencing. In this case, you'll need to reinstall the OS without the media card and then reformat the media card in the device with the new OS. There could also be some corruption of data on the card causing the issue as well. Another Stacker (sherlockphones) came up with a great solution. See below:

Like many of you, after the OS upgrade I was plagued by constant rebooting as long as my media card was in my device. I found a solution that seems to be working well. Here it is.

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.
    i will help you in spreading this news. copy and paste, copy and paste!

mbflow no está en línea Stack level 1
    MY PHONE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF!!!!!!!! when i try to take a picture it turns off and the flash stays on or i just shuts off ... also when im using the phone for more than 3 minutes it starts making a lil noise and than it turns off ... i keep downgrade to 4.2 and being trying to upgrade again to 4.5 but there always and error, I haven't gotten a chance to do it in another computer to see if maybe im just not lucky with mines. CAN SOMEONE PLEASEE help me solve this issue .. I've been having a lot of important calls and the phones shuts down ...

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    ^^Have you considered trying to use another version of the 4.5 software? What version are you currently trying/have been uploading?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mbflow View Post
    MY PHONE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF!!!!!!!! when i try to take a picture it turns off and the flash stays on or i just shuts off ... also when im using the phone for more than 3 minutes it starts making a lil noise and than it turns off ... i keep downgrade to 4.2 and being trying to upgrade again to 4.5 but there always and error, I haven't gotten a chance to do it in another computer to see if maybe im just not lucky with mines. CAN SOMEONE PLEASEE help me solve this issue .. I've been having a lot of important calls and the phones shuts down ...
    Have you read through this thread at all? Did you do your OS upgrade with your media card in the device? Take a look through this thread and you might just find the solution to your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Have you read through this thread at all? Did you do your OS upgrade with your media card in the device? Take a look through this thread and you might just find the solution to your issue.

I don't have a media and I've tried everything in here ... It just keeps happening.. I have another battery and it keeps doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    ^^Have you considered trying to use another version of the 4.5 software? What version are you currently trying/have been uploading?

I had the Rogers one and then it was doing it, so I downgrade and now I'm trying to install the Tmo one, since I am with T-Mobile, I just dont know!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mbflow View Post
    I don't have a media and I've tried everything in here ... It just keeps happening.. I have another battery and it keeps doing it!
    Starting to sound more hardware related rather than a software issue.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Can anyone chime in and vouch for the TMO's 4.5? I haven't used it yet so I don't want to say their 4.5 is good. I've used the Rogers 4.5 numerous times but on a 8310 and 8100 and have had no problems whatsoever even while leaving the media card in.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Starting to sound more hardware related rather than a software issue.

if is hardware what do u think might be causing it?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    It could be a number of things. There is really no real way to diagnose it. Other than taking the whole thing apart and testing the board... If its still under warranty I would recommend just sending it back to T-mobile and exchanging it.

no is not under warranty im going to try upgrading it again in another computer if not the just take it to bbrepairshop since the actual store is not so far from where i live!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would try updating it with another 4.5 version before I would do it on another computer. I think its worth a try going this route first but its ultimately up to you.

mpenny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20EDA0B1
    Same problem with rebooting. I tried the media card fix but the bb wouldn't stay on long enough for the media mgr to copy the files to my desktop. As soon as I put the media card it, it rebooted. Never happened with OS 4.2 so I'm downgrading out of 4.5 until Tmo comes out with their version..

Quote Originally Posted by mpenny View Post
    Same problem with rebooting. I tried the media card fix but the bb wouldn't stay on long enough for the media mgr to copy the files to my desktop. As soon as I put the media card it, it rebooted. Never happened with OS 4.2 so I'm downgrading out of 4.5 until Tmo comes out with their version..
    Tmo already came out with the 4.5 version ... i had the same problem i got a new battery and the problem stopped... i bought one and it stayed the same so i went to the store and got another one ... and the problem was solved!! finally because it was really frustrating ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast