Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I do not know if this is a problem because of the OS 4.5 or ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Please help! Phone keeps shutting off

Advertisement

I do not know if this is a problem because of the OS 4.5 or not. I have had 4.5 for over a month now and this has just started about three days ago. I will be using the phone, talking, or jivetalk and it will just shut off. Each time this happens I have to pull the battery and have it plugged in (charging) in order to get it turned on. Today, it has happened twice and now I am just getting sick of it. Does anyone know what is causing this? Why? and what I should/can do?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    is the battery dying ?

what 3rd party apps are you running ?

You stated that you have had 4.5OS for a month now and this issue just started......have you recently installed something or configured something on your device ?

Sounds like either the battery is bad or there is an APP that you installed that is causing this.

Have you tried wiping your device or reinstalling the OS ?
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have not installed any new apps. I do not believe it is the battery because once the phone is back on the battery meter shows half or more. But what would cause the battery to drain in less then an hour of being unplugged from the charger? this JUST started three days ago. I honestly have no idea what could be causing this. No apps, nothing. OH and it also at times (when i pull the battery and starts back up) it does a verify security..and runs that.. I do not know what else to do.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    verifying security software is not out of the ordinary when you do a hard reboot. Have you tried to reapply the OS to see if it will fix your issue? Had a similar problem a week ago with a 8320. reapplied software and user stopped running into that issue.

midookie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a similar problem also, but mine only starts when I insert the media card. When I inserted the media card for the first time, it didn't happen, but when I used the video recorder and let it recorded until the phone shut down, it started happening every time I inserted the media card. I'm sure it's a memory thing and I manually erased the data that was in the media card so that it has more space, but that didn't solve the problem...Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by midookie View Post
    I have a similar problem also, but mine only starts when I insert the media card. When I inserted the media card for the first time, it didn't happen, but when I used the video recorder and let it recorded until the phone shut down, it started happening every time I inserted the media card. I'm sure it's a memory thing and I manually erased the data that was in the media card so that it has more space, but that didn't solve the problem...Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    When you upgraded to 4.5 did you have the media card installed during OS install?
    This could be why.
    Maybe try re-installing the OS without the media card installed. Install it after OS installation complete.

midookie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    When you upgraded to 4.5 did you have the media card installed during OS install?
    This could be why.
    Maybe try re-installing the OS without the media card installed. Install it after OS installation complete.
    Actually, I've never upgraded my OS yet. I'm still using 4.3.0.115. After I switch my phone from 8100 to 8120, I didn't try the media card on it for a few weeks, and the other day, I just wanted to try the video capturing, so I did.

I took the media card out after the phone shut down while recording, but every time the media card is in, the phone starts rebooting itself repeatedly until I take it out and restart again. And it still happens after clearing the data inside the memory card.

Thanks, in advance.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well, it shut off on my way home from work, after typing the last reply. I took off some apps that I thought would maybe have caused it. We'll see how it goes.

I tried to take an app off through the manager but it would not let me take it off. That Live Traffica Cam. How would I get that off?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    ~via SUPABB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have been having a similar issue. My BB keeps turning off but when I pull the battery the battery shows almost drained when it turns back on. The only change I made recently was using the auto on/off feature. I am going to stop using this and see if it helps.

goldntee99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same thing here. Started Last Sunday. I just figured it was my battery so I ordered another one but I'm starting to wonder now. I too have 4.5 (4.5.0.69) and have had it for probably a good month also. Battery pull is the only way it will come back on. If I dont have a charger handy sometimes it will come on then shut right back off. If I have a charger, home or car, as soon as its plugged in it powers up and I'm good to go. I've deleted EVERYTHING that I have put on it and it still does it.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had this issues on BB off the box “never used” I tried replacing battery, reinstalling OS never worked really the one thing I do send them back to TMO when I get an exchange the handset they send never have problems with them so far and I had this issue in at least 10 curves...

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by goldntee99 View Post
    Same thing here. Started Last Sunday. I just figured it was my battery so I ordered another one but I'm starting to wonder now. I too have 4.5 (4.5.0.69) and have had it for probably a good month also. Battery pull is the only way it will come back on. If I dont have a charger handy sometimes it will come on then shut right back off. If I have a charger, home or car, as soon as its plugged in it powers up and I'm good to go. I've deleted EVERYTHING that I have put on it and it still does it.

wow exactly the problem I am having!!!

i called TMO CS they told me to go to a store and have them check the battery, if its the battery, they will replace it, if not the'll send me a new phone.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I am going to try downgrading to 4.2.2 for a few days and see if that works. I have pretty much deleted everything and I'm still having issues. I also had my phone shut off during a call today. This was the 1st time it's done that.

Either way... I just hope the Javelin get's released soon or I might have to get an unlocked Bold.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you guys/gals all use media cards? I think that's the common theme here.

Sometimes if an upgrade is done with the media card in the device, this will cause the rebooting issues you all are experiencing. In this case, you'll need to reinstall the OS without the media card and then reformat the media card in the device with the new OS. There could also be some corruption of data on the card causing the issue as well. Another Stacker (sherlockphones) came up with a great solution. See below:

Like many of you, after the OS upgrade I was plagued by constant rebooting as long as my media card was in my device. I found a solution that seems to be working well. Here it is.

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.

vwilliams797 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't have a media card and I still have trouble with the phone shutting off in the middle of me talking. So far this is my 3rd bb curve that tm had 2 ship to me. The os is probally crappy a lot of glitches that need to be fixed asap because in all I love the phone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast