I just got my 8320....I loaded the DM 4.3.0.17 on my PC....I have OS v4.2.2.180 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gix1k no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help me load apps..

Advertisement

I just got my 8320....I loaded the DM 4.3.0.17 on my PC....I have OS v4.2.2.180 on my BB.....I downloaded 4.2.2.180 (plat-2.5.0.36) software for my DM cause I was told it needed to be the same as what's on the device..... My steps...

1. Plug in BB
    2. Open DM
    3. click apploader
    4. see that it wants to load an os.
    5. click next (goes very quickly to finish)
    6. click finish and it says device updated successfully.

I am thinking the update is not working. It goes too fast to have updated. Why would this not work? I am at wits end on this thing.... I still get "No additional applications designed for your device were found".

Last edited by Lavagirl; 05-27-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: format edit

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    are you trying to load a new OS? or are you trying to load a app like jivetalk?

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    are you trying to load a new OS? or are you trying to load a app like jivetalk?

I need to get O Mini, BBtoday and apps like that.....that is all.

No one else???

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    THe step I see missing is on the Device Application Page where you can check and uncheck stuff is, your loading third party stuff, you have to click ADD at the top of that screen and navigate to where you have Unzipped the apps you are trying to load.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree with pda.teck...where is the check list screen? What if, when you connect your bb and start dm instead of agreeing to update the os (when you already have the latest os anyway) why don't you say no to the update. See if that will enable you to view the app check list screen. If so, then from there click on whatever apps you want to put on your bb and go from there. Let's see if this works for you

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Have you installed any other device O/S to your machine? If you had a previous version on the computer the DM may not recognize the newest version until you manually remove the older one.

I would check the computer out first: start>control panel> add/remove programs.

If you did have another version of the handheld O/S it may also be necessary to uninstall/reinstall DM as well as the new o/s.
    Computers seem to get stuck on routine every once in a while

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    THe step I see missing is on the Device Application Page where you can check and uncheck stuff is, your loading third party stuff, you have to click ADD at the top of that screen and navigate to where you have Unzipped the apps you are trying to load.
    I didnt see that either. You need to tell DM to add the programs to the device.