Hey guys!!! Believe it or not, but 3 weeks after getting my presious BB, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marinka624 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Please Help! Error while installing 4.5 DM

Advertisement

Hey guys!!!

Believe it or not, but 3 weeks after getting my presious BB, I still don't have DM installed. Here's my dilemma: I am on T-Mobile network, with 8320 BB & 4.2 OS. The problem is that DM Software that came with the phone purchase, does not want to run on my Vista laptop. Few days ago I tried to download 4.6DM, but when I tried to run it after downloading, it gave me an error saying that "WinZip Self-Extractor Header Corrupt. Possible cause: bad disk or file transfer error". I thought that maybe it's not compatible with my stupid Vista...so, today I tried to install 4.5 DM, again unsuccessfully, with the same error. Please help, I cannot take it anymore...am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanx!!!

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

well

it seems that your CD is bad. i have had many CD's turn out that way. Try downloading the Dm from the Blackberry site or the Tmobile site and make sure it downloads all the way and i know but it will take a while. Try that and let me know otherwise I have a link that runs faster.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an 8320 and just got a Vista computer. I've been able to install whichever DM I want, but none of them will recognize my device. I've had to opt for choosing yes to turn on mass storage device and running through computer and my memory card drive. I'll have to use my husband's computer (my old XP lappy) to install applications.

Odd I see that Vista is not working for you guys. I tried the Tmobile phone on DM for my ATT and nothing came up. I think that they lock their Software according to Vendors and so on. I will mess with it some more.

Well I think I will download the DM from Tmobile and see if there is a difference
    Last edited by azstar; 10-03-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: double posting

Thanks chuckymafia!!!
    See, first I tried to install DM from CD that came with a phone (4.2 Version) But I was "happy" to find out here on pinstacks that Vista won't work with it. So later on (few days ago) I went on BB web site and downloaded 4.6 DM right from them...yet it didn't work...I went on BB site again to install now 4.5 DM...again it didn't work...I start thinking that my laptop is cursed

:cry:

Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    I have an 8320 and just got a Vista computer. I've been able to install whichever DM I want, but none of them will recognize my device. I've had to opt for choosing yes to turn on mass storage device and running through computer and my memory card drive. I'll have to use my husband's computer (my old XP lappy) to install applications.

I knew that I am not the only one with BB vs. vista problem. Hope to have it resolved here with the help of stackers...

I am getting that software uploaded as we speak to get it to work on vista. i have a vista machine available and will verify

Ok well here is the deal. Blackberry shows DM 4.6 and it is up to date. Tmobile shows 4.3 I am getting both and trying them to see if there is a difference with Tmobile and Vista

Well to begin the process I am uploading the Original DM for your phone which according to the Blackberry site it says its vista compatible. I will send you the link and hopefully you have fast internet and this will download flawless. Okey dokey
    Last edited by azstar; 10-03-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: double posting

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The problem is with a corrupted self-extractor or .zip file. Go to winzip website and search for corrupt header or header corrupt. I believe it is a virus infection.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Marinka, it's your Chicago connection here!

I remember you bringing this up when you first came on PinStack and I'm sorry to see that you're still having issues getting DM loaded. I, too have Vista (Home Premium) and have not had a problem loading the DM.

Try this out just for grins, if boricua's advice does not help. On your PC/Laptop, go to Control Panel>User Accounts and turn User Account Control off, at least while you're trying to install the DM.

Roger