Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the 8310 Curve and my carrier is AT&T, I noticed this morning after ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Question PLEASE HELP Blackberry Curve 8310 emergency

Advertisement

I have the 8310 Curve and my carrier is AT&T, I noticed this morning after my phone auto powered on that about every min or so i would get the hour glass symbol for about 30 seconds. I let this go on for ruffly about 3 hours before I shut it off waited 10 min and turned it back on only to find it was still doing it, so of course I then did a hard reset by shutting the blackberry power off then removing the battery for 10 min before putting it back in. Now for the strange part cuz up til now this seems to be a common occurance at least once every thress months or less and it's never been a problem until just now when after the hard reset and the screen is up and the hour glass is gone, i have nothing......... no theme, no icons, no nothing just a lite screen bright white but blank as my mind right now. I havent had it n e where near water but while i had the battery out as I always do I checked the stripe to make sure it was solid white. I haven't downloaded anything new since yesterday when I downloaded mobil banking from my bank, and had no issues with it after that at all. Can anyone tell me what in god's name i have done wrong or even better yet give me an idea of just how to fix it!!!!!!!!!!! I would greatly appriciate any help I can get I am so lost now!!!!!!!!!

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try to connect to your pc with the desktop manager running. Does the pc recognize the device?

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    yes it does it shows it being connected along with my pin number

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    actually it shows working not connected sorry not sure if that makes a difference

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like the apps are hung on boot. Pull the battery again, see if it boots up properly. (doing anything other than pulling the battery is a warm boot - really just reloads the apps).

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    should i do this while still connected to the pc? im pretty sure not but want to double check

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    i have taken the battery out and put it back in and i am getting the same thing still

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    i tried something after getting the same screen i pulled the battery again and took the sim card out and put the battery back in and everything came back and of course it said to put a sim card in. So i pulled the battery again and put the sim card back in and i get the blank screen again. Would it be safe to assume that my sim card is bad?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I would call AT&T and see what they say.

I don't have a sim card but from you describe it sounds like yeah the sim is bad.
    I could be wrong which is why I'd say call AT&T or just go in and have them look at it.
    If it is the SIM you are going to need to go see them anyway.

like I said I don't have a SIM card though so maybe someone who has one has experienced something like this.

just throwing in my two cents
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    and i do appriciate your time and your help, i am going to at&t now cuz as you said i would need to either way no need sitting on the phone waiting

Yep, definitely sounds like your SIM card's having issues (hopefully that and not the device radio)
    For future reference - no, you don't want the device cradled / plugged in when you pull the battery (you're trying to cycle the device).

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    thank you for the help, i kinda figured that would be the case so far as pulling the battery while plugged into computer or charger, but I am still pretty new to the Blackberry and to be honest this is my second one since Dec. my other one was an 8310 as well and one day while listening to the mp3 player it just quite and shut off. I was not able to get it to power back up at all I even went and bought a new battery and still nothing. Finally i took it to a place call cell repair and they have had it for 2 months now and they dont know what the problem is either. Then again I just found out Monday that they really don't nor have they really ever worked on Blackberry phones, the guy who took it in was new to the company and evidentially wasn't aware of that. At any rate I am going to pick it up now after i go to AT&T, I don't guess anyone would have any idea's as to what may have happened, why it just shut off and won't power back up or again even better yet how to fix it? Any and all help is appriciated and thank you all so much for your help on this phone with the sim card issue.

Well, the original one that just quit when you were playing tunes. First off, I have to ask - was it new when you got it? (you should always take your phone back to the carrier during the warranty period). Sounds like a short. (hopefully the device didn't get wet). If the device gets wet, it's not eligible for warranty - and the RMA folks will be able to tell when it gets to the repair centre.

PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    unfortunately the very first thing I did was go to the carrier as it was barely 5 months old, however what they fail to tell you other than in very fine print is that if there is even a scratch on the phone the warrenty is void. and since mine has a very small scratch they told me they couldn't help with replacing it but was more than happy to see me another one at full price. I think the warrenty is crap which is exactly why they can offer you a warrenty for a year. Either way I have tried that avenue and it was to no avial. I also know about the moisture stip in the phones and for the curve it right by the sim and micro slots, I also know that if it has been wet that whit strip would turn a pinkish red color. I did check that strip and it was white. So i am very stuck and not sure what to do next, btw the sim card was the issue and at least one of my curves are in working order, lol.

Well, that bit about your warranty being void if the device is scratched is complete BS!! Has a year gone by since the original purchase? You need to escalate this within the carrier's customer support area - you're entitled to a warranty replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast