Hey guys! I just bought my new BB curve 8320 off of an e-bay powerseller, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sarahamanda no está en línea Stack level 1

PLEASE HELP!! BB 8320 Restarting itself periodically!

Advertisement

Hey guys! I just bought my new BB curve 8320 off of an e-bay powerseller, the phone is great but for some reason out of nowhere the top light will turn red and the screen will turn black, then it will restart itself. It does this mainly when I try to add new contacts or mess with the phone for too long. So far what I've tried to do in order to fix it is...wipe handheld, battery pull, updated the OS to the .174 version, took the SD card out, it's not doing it as much since I've done all of this but it is still crashing here and there...please help! too many hours have been spent trying to fix this!! Thank you!! )

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried a different battery? Sounds like a classic sign of a bad battery.

oh really, no how much do the batteries usually cost? and where can I get one at? Thanks for your reply btw!

today I'm also losing my signal alot...it will say SOS? and my battery is charged fully as well, so could it still just be the battery?

Smile

So I havent been able to find out where i can buy a battery but I will keep looking, I'm willing to do whatever to fix this issue! I heard that the v4.5 os has a compatibility issue with the 8320 curve and to put the v4.2.2.180 on it would solve the constant restarts, does anyone know if this is true and where to find this version? I've searched but haven't been able to find the download! thanks!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sarah, did you do your 4.5 OS upgrade with the media card in the device? This has been known to cause the issue you're experiencing. Who is your service provider? If they have a local store you can most likely get a battery there, or the same eBay seller you purchased the device from might also sell those accessories. Best Buy probably also carries them. Otherwise there are number of online resources to replace your battery, including Amazon.com.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I know when i had my 8320, it acted really freaky and the only cause i found to be, it had a them on it for an 81xx device. It never loaded my aftermarket themes either upon reboot.

Hope this helps . . .

THB
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Thanks guys for the response ...No I had taken the media card out prior to the upgrade. I have t-mobile so I was gonna see if I could get a battery there. I downgraded my os once again and it's running somewhat better but the screen still turns black here and there while I'm trying to text...I did have a BB 8100 pearl before this phone that was stolen, how did you fix that? do I just take it up there and get a different sim card for the curve, is there difference types of sim cards? lol sorry I'm pretty stupid at times when it comes to cell phones!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sarah, just talk to the reps at the TMO store about your issue. Hopefully there'll be someone there knowledgable enough about BlackBerrys to help you out. Try the new battery first, then they can flash a new SIM card for you right there, too, if the battery is not the issue.

Let us know how you make out!

Cheers,
    Roger

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i keep a stack of batteries on hand. get them for less than $4 including shipping on EBAY. your problem has to do with a loose connection inside the phone. get the tiny screwdrivers for $1 on ebay, youll probably need two different ones. watch a video on youtube on how to take your phone apart. then clean all brass and connections with toothpic, or denat alcohol.. and reassemble. also, stuff 1 piece of cardstock so it holds the battery down harder on the contacts. itll fix it...