hello all. I have an older motrola i530 I think it has a 64k sim ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ragnar0k no está en línea Stack level 1

Please some help activating i8350 from my motorla i530 sim card.

Advertisement

hello all.

I have an older motrola i530 I think it has a 64k sim card.

I want to buy an i8350 bb...to use it's organizing and wifi internet browsing capabilities...+PTT

this is my first BB....can u lend a hand and give me the correct instruction to get this activated without a data plan?

I'm locked into my plan becuz it's thru my job. I CANNOT in any way enable anything on the account as it is locked....I am currently on the nextel side of their network...and have in the past moved this sim card from phone to phone with no problems.

If there is a way to clone my sim card to a later card and then activate it on a phone closer to the i8350 family before swapping it into the i8350 I would be willing to do that. I just need help in which fool proof method works and allows me to use the features I need.

I cannot change into data plan and have no desire to do so. I'd like to use this phones features and find them useful without a data plan anyway.

Uh anybody? is this beyond the scope of the site? has anyone brought their old sim card into a 8350i ?

Or has anyone had them use their sim card machine to bring their old info into a newer card?

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k View Post
    Uh anybody? is this beyond the scope of the site? has anyone brought their old sim card into a 8350i ?

Or has anyone had them use their sim card machine to bring their old info into a newer card?
    Are you just trying to get it to have a qwerty keyboard? If so wait as there should be an iden qwerty coming soon. If you put your i530 sim into an 8350 none of the data will work. Because it is a blackberry it requires a blackberry data plan
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

No I want it's wifi..+organizing and mp3 features...

My i530 is on Nextel or was on Nextel but now Sprint....but I beleive it is still on the older Nextel network.

My sim should work on any phone that can take a sim card.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    the SIM has to be a 128k

128K is what the new phone comes with...and supposedly they can do the transfer of my older sim to it using a machine they have....my question is will that be good enough to receive and make voice calls and at least receive texts? (my company's plan seems to only allowing receiving anyway)
    without having to go through Sprint to "officially activate"....I should still be able to use the Wifi and organizer correct?
    Last edited by Ragnar0k; 05-18-2009 at 04:44 PM.