I just purchased 8300, first week of august... unfortunately I lost it yesterday. I know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

angelina no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help

Advertisement

I just purchased 8300, first week of august... unfortunately I lost it yesterday. I know someone has found it. Do i have any recourse, is there any feature to help me get my phone back, or is honesty from the finder the only possible solution. I have a password on the phone could they even use it again?

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Re: Please help

Sorry for your loss!!! That is horrible. Hopefull someone will turn it in. Did you turn the service off? Someone will come in and tell you your answer. Good luck.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

angelina - im sorry this has happened. have you tried to call your carrier, to see if anyone has reported it? do you know about where you lost it? if you have a pw on it, your data is protected, but after the 10th try, the 'stealer' will wipe the bb and all of your data will be gone, but im afraid that he/she will be able to use it then...

angelina no está en línea Stack level 1

even with the gps thing i couldnt physicaally track it down?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

nope gps is not backwards tracing compatible..well that didnt make sense..but yeah you cannot trace it back unless u literally installed a gps tracker on ur berry
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

it doesn't have built in GPS - and i think that's an iffy and kind of expensive to do...

sorry angelina - i know it sucks i lost mine on a cruise ship...luckily the person who found it was honest and turned it in ...

unless you have your personal information listed in the 'owner section' there is NO way for the person who 'might' have it to tell who it belongs to...because of course, you have it pw protected.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

you may also be able to call att and have them narrow it down to a area and let you know if it is being used if you file a police report and fax it in to them...Also if you check your online account and if they are making calls it will let you know where they originating from.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask