This weekend I was playing with the new version of BlackBerry master control program and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonholmes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A95632

Please Help

Advertisement

This weekend I was playing with the new version of BlackBerry master control program and think i may have done something wrong. I was using it to delete .COD files for PPT and Voice Activate Dialing. Before I performed any actions I was sure to back up my device using DM, so i figured i would be safe, as it turns out i was incorrect.
    I deleted KnJCDE and net_rim_bb_phone_ppt_app in attempts to remove push to talk.
    i deleted all .COD files prefaced with net_rim_vad in attempts to remove voice activated dialing.
    Also I attempted to remove the AT&T default theme (i forget the file name, net_rim_theme_102_bbdimension_icon.... or something like that)
    After that, i reset the device, but the two apps remained, but when i went to options to check if the theme was removed i found an error, something about a null reference, and options would not open.
    I suspected that I deleted something incorrecly, thank goodness that I backed up the device, right....? Wrong.
    I used DM to restore the device, and now it will not allow ANY themes, all other functions have been resolved, but when i go to options -> themes, it now has an option of "none (Active)" and i am unable to select any other theme.
    I have attemped to reload the OS (i forget what version, i am unable to open "options -> about" as well).
    Now what? Any advice would be appriceated.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    After removing VAD you will not be able to view the about screen. Have you wiped the device then tried redownloading and reinstalling the OS?

PIN/ID
    24A95632
    I have not. How do you wipe the device? I have seen that option on BBSAK, just use "wipe device" then reinstall the new OS again.
    if that is so, what does wipe device do? Shouldn't DM "wiped" it before it loaded the new OS?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When you wipe the device you totally remove the OS. I have never used BBSAK so I am not sure of the answer. If you do wipe the device I would suggest uninstalling any OS on your system and reinstalling before loading it to your device.

PIN/ID
    24A95632
    Sorry, found it. options -> security -> general settings -> (menu key) wipe device.
    It is wiping now, I will attempt to reinstall the OS when it is done.
    Thanks.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    All that will do is wipe the device to factory. What I was speaking of is totally wiping the device using Jl_cmndr or another program that might do it.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That security option just wipes your personal data and settings, it is not a complete device wipe. Also, when you back up your device, it is saving your data and settings, it does not back up .cod files and 3rd party apps...just so you know for future reference. I suggest that when you remove .cod files from your device you do it one at a time and check your device after each, then you will know which one you screwed up the device by removing and you can put it back. Never remove the dimension zen theme, that will cause all themes to not work, removing the dimension today theme will make all today themes not work etc.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    24A95632
    Ok, so then, how do I do a full wipe?

PIN/ID
    24A95632
    I did use BBSAK to do a "low level" wipe of the phone, I DL'ed the latest official OS for AT&T, and am currintly installing it. Thank you.
    I will let you know what happens....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Let us know how it works out for you!!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Bbsak and a reinstall of the os should work....

PIN/ID
    24A95632
    yep. that did it. i am restoring all of my settings using DM now.
    Thanks to everyone!!!! I don't know what I would do without my BlackBerry!