I'm brand new to the BB world, so I'm feeling as I go. Please be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

box33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Please assist

Advertisement

I'm brand new to the BB world, so I'm feeling as I go. Please be kind.

- Where can I go to check my @mycingular.bb.net (soon to be @att.bb.net) emails besides on my phone? I'd like to do some configuring with the account and check emails when I don't have the phone.

- Do I need to pay 19.99 for the Yahoo! Mail Plus (pop3) to push email to my BB or will the free/basic Yahoo! Mail push to the BB itself?

- With Yahoo! Mail, does it sync with the server? Meaning, if i read/delete an email on my BB, it'll be read/deleted on the desktop/server?

- I have a Mac....So the Desktop Manager CD is useless to me. So how do I sync my BB to get all these cool themes and updates and games and music and video onto my BB?

- I would like to edit docs (just basic Word and Excel files). What application do I need for this?

Thanks

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Please assist

Hi...Welcome to the Blackberry World and the "Stacks"...

1. http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular You can only edit settings here, not check your mail though. That feature was removed in the last BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) update.

2. No, Yahoo will push for free, no need to pay the $19.99

3. Yahoo will sync w/ the server if you have your BB setup for reconciliation and choose "Delete in Mailbox & Handheld"

4. Unfortunately, us Mac users are on the short-end of the stick when it comes to sync software. I have to utilize my Windows-based desktop to sync so if that is an option for you, you'll have to try that.

5. Go to http://handango.com if you would like some BB software for document editing and if you would like to read PDF's and other files on your BB and want to do it for free, go to http://www.beamberry.com.

Good luck and I hope I answered your questions.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

box33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    Hi...Welcome to the Blackberry World and the "Stacks"...

Good luck and I hope I answered your questions.
    Awesome answers! Thank you!

I guess I only have 1 more question then:

If I'm at a disadvantage with a Mac, do you know of some places that have over-the-air downloads? This would help me greatly since I don't have the desktop manager. (an example would be google maps....i got this OTA and it saved me the hassle of trying to d/l, then sync)

looking for:

- a fun game to load
    - word/excel doc viewing and editing

thanks again

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Well, you're at a disadvantage as it relates to syncing but other than that...you can't go wrong with a Mac.

Some downloads you will find with OTA but some programs like your Word & Excel editing software, will have to be done with the DM (Desktop Manager) & App Loader. The reason is either the size of the file or the fact the file needs to be unzipped first before being uploaded to the BB.

Software creators are doing a better job of making the OTA download available but you will still have to use the DM for some things that PocketMac won't allow you to do.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE