How can I transfer playlists to my curve from a mac, not windows???... BlackBerry Curve forum

barbasol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24328B8C

playlists on the curve...

Advertisement

How can I transfer playlists to my curve from a mac, not windows???

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: playlists on the curve...

Assuming you have an SD card, set it to use Mass Storage Mode, and then it will show up as a drive when you plug it in. Copy the playlists to the BlackBerry\music folder, but make sure the playlist point to the music files as laid out on the SD card.
    JerryD

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

apparently os 4.3 will support playlists natively, when it becomes available. Face it, as a media player, the BB sucks, especially coming from a Mac!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    apparently os 4.3 will support playlists natively, when it becomes available. Face it, as a media player, the BB sucks, especially coming from a Mac!
    Playlists have been supported since OS 4.1 - or more accurately since the appearance of the SD card with the Pearl / 8100.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2081644610
    JerryD

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

I guess what I am looking for is some sort of tight integration between a desktop music player (ie iTunes) and the BB, and to be able to sync the music and playlists automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Playlists have been supported since OS 4.1 - or more accurately since the
    appearance of the SD card with the Pearl / 8100.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2081644610

barbasol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24328B8C

On the Pearl it is possible to add music to a specific folder and only play music from within that folder. On the curve there is no option to play from folders. The music player sees everything in the music folder including sub-folders and doesn't allow the option off only choosing one sub-folder. If I just drag a playlist from iTunes the Blackberry will not recognize it.

cmh5216 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    I guess what I am looking for is some sort of tight integration between a desktop music player (ie iTunes) and the BB, and to be able to sync the music and playlists automatically.

I figured it out Since the media player on the curve never had a playlist option i couldn't understand how to get a playlist on it. an easy way to get playlists is to import the songs into roxio media manager on the top view. if your on "my media" on the left look down for "playlists" right click and hit new playlist. title it what you want and drag the songs into the playlist you just created. put the songs in the order you want then click the name of the playlist and drag it into the music file on the SD card. it makes a .m3u file and creates a playlist on the blackberry. now disconnect from computer go to music player and it now will have a playlist option where album, artist, etc. are.
    hope this helps, good luck. I am using a BB curve 8310.
    I imagine if you are using other software for your music and uses .m3u files for playlists you should be able to just drag songs and .m3u directly to music folder.