Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My car stereo has an AUX port so I can plug in my Curve and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

Playing MP3's through AUX port on Car Stereo

Advertisement

My car stereo has an AUX port so I can plug in my Curve and listen to tunes while driving. However, I have found that while I keep my Bluetooth Headset on and paired with my phone, if a call comes in, the music stops, but my headset does not respond. Is there a way around this, or is it a known issue?

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I noticed that too, what i do is basically before i pick up the call i just unplug the wire and then answer it with my bluetooth.... I guess the phone doesnt know how to send the call since you have both things plugged in... hope this helps

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    unfortunately this is one problem with the BB...it's not like the iphone where you can be jacked in and still receive calls over your BT...gotta go with rpol and unplug before you pick-up...but maybe this is something that will be addressed in 4.5 update

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    i don't think its software because i have the beta 4.5 on my curve and it still does it so im sure its more of device related issue...

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I think when you have it plugged into the stereo, it doesn't know how to differentiate between if it's for audio, or if it's a wired headset and probably gives priority to the wire over the bluetooth when the call comes in. It probably wasn't a forseen issue with RIM, but it would be nice if it could tell the difference.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    yes exactly :agree

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you have a stereo that has a usb input for flash drives, you can play music directly off it that way off your BB.

I just performed a quick test. When I plug in the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord from phone to AUX port on car stereo, without starting the media player, I then hit the button on the BT Headset and the Voice Command prompt comes up, my screen then reads "Initializing, please wait", however this never goes away.

I then had someone call me, again without starting the media player. My BT Headset plays the jingle to let me know I have an incoming call, yet when I hit the button to answer, there is no one there. So I think it's a combination of both hardware / software which could be addressed with an update.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    the phone thinks you have the Stereo headset/headphones on that came with it which is why it gives priority to whatever is plugged in thru 3.5mm plug, so it really doesnt matter if you have the player open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    the phone thinks you have the Stereo headset/headphones on that came with it which is why it gives priority to whatever is plugged in thru 3.5mm plug, so it really doesnt matter if you have the player open or not.
    I see that happening, but why do I still have *some* bluetooth functions? I would think it would just shutdown BT gateway completely...

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    no because the bluetooth sends a signal to the phone and it reacts, sort of like having a remote control and tell it what to do, but when it comes to Voice data it directs it to the plug which is why you can still hit the buttom on the bluetooh and activate voice dialing. Now when you activate voice dialing while having it plugged in does it work? Meaning can you speak thru your bluetooth and tell it what to do? it shouldn't work because once the phone loooks for the mic its looking for it at the plug=the wired headset it thinks its plugged in into

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    no because the bluetooth sends a signal to the phone and it reacts, sort of like having a remote control and tell it what to do, but when it comes to Voice data it directs it to the plug which is why you can still hit the buttom on the bluetooh and activate voice dialing. Now when you activate voice dialing while having it plugged in does it work? Meaning can you speak thru your bluetooth and tell it what to do? it shouldn't work because once the phone loooks for the mic its looking for it at the plug=the wired headset it thinks its plugged in into
    Nope, the prompt comes up on display and it sits there and does nothing..

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    yea see what i mean

Yes. But for me it's a bummer. I like to listen to my tunes on my way home from the office and for me to stop and have to unplug a chord could lead to higher insurance rates.. So for now I'll just go back to using my standalone MP3 player..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast