I was reading about people's experiences with the new media player that comes with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Play Lists on 8300 media player on AT&T???

Advertisement

I was reading about people's experiences with the new media player that comes with the 8320, noting that this new version supports playlists and genres (among other improvements). I had assumed that those of us still on an 8300 will have to wait for the next OS upgrade before seeing these features -- but one poster indicated that he *already* had them on his 8300 on AT&T.

Anyone aware of this? Possible that the post was bogus or mistaken, but I'd be very interested to hear about this.

Is there a new version of the 8300 OS that supports this? I'm using 4.2.2.146 / 2.4.0.62 from TelCel with T-Mobile service.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Play Lists on 8300 media player on AT&T???

my brand new 8320 has 4.2.2.171 platform 2.5.0.24 on it. My hubby is off with the att Curve, otherwise I would take a peek and see.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

rmarrash no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Manager 9, that I use with the 8300, does support playlists (.m3u format). It is a little cumbersome to use. you can create playlists with an app and just copy the playlist over to your music folder on your BB. Just make sure the directory path is not getting stored in the file

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Mine same as Melissa 4.2.2.171~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rmarrash
    Media Manager 9, that I use with the 8300, does support playlists (.m3u format). It is a little cumbersome to use. you can create playlists with an app and just copy the playlist over to your music folder on your BB. Just make sure the directory path is not getting stored in the file
    I've got Media Manager 9 on my PC, installed with BB DM -- but the new version of Media Player on the 8320 apparently support playlists and genres directly -- on the Curve. Whole 'nother level of features beyond the version on my 8300.

@Melissa -- please check your spouse-unit's 8300 when he returns and let us know! If you have time, please compare your version of Media Player to his, and also see what OS version he's using.

I've got latest -- that I'm aware of -- that's available for the 8300. Anxious to be up to speed on the latest and greatest - especially since I talked myself out of buying an 8320 today. My 8300 works beautifully on TMo now, and I even have good reception in the house. So UMA isn't a big deal for me right now. Instead, I'll hang onto my full upgrade credit, enjoy my 8300, and watch for the 9xxx hopefully coming out sometime over the next year(?) -- and then use my upgrade credit on that. Short term, I really can't come up with a reason to trade in my 8300 for an 8320, as much as I always want the latest and greatest...