Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I purchased the Curve on the day it came out and I think it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

Plan to return my Curve

Advertisement

Well I purchased the Curve on the day it came out and I think it has great features. My other phone is on T-Mobile and is an 8700g. Outside of the battery life on the Curve, my main gripe is the keyboard. I have large hands and I feel the keyboard is just too cramped. I have given it a week plus, trying to have the Curve win over my 8700g. The coverage in my area is definitely better on AT&T. So here lies my question. If I return the phone and cancel my service under the 30 day buyer's remorse, if I sign up a few week later, am I a new user again? Or will I not get the promotions? I am considering trying the IPhone. I would just keep the Curve till the IPhone comes out then swap at that time, but then it would be 32 days and not 30. I want to stick with AT&T because of coverage. Should I sell the Curve and just downgrade to the cheapest phone possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Plan to return my Curve

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    I have large hands and I feel the keyboard is just too cramped. I have given it a week plus, trying to have the Curve win over my 8700g. The coverage in my area is definitely better on AT&T.

I would just keep the Curve till the IPhone comes out then swap at that time, but then it would be 32 days and not 30. I want to stick with AT&T because of coverage. Should I sell the Curve and just downgrade to the cheapest phone possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Here are my thoughts. I've also enjoyed great coverage with at&t for years. I also have big hands, so for me it's always important to give the new model I'm using at least 2 or 3 weeks during which I remain open minded and take it upon myself to learn to adapt to the keyboard.

I find the keyboard on both my 8800 and my 8300 much easier to use than on my 8700. That said, I believe that if you give your 8300 more time you may find that suddenly the keyboard is beginning to work out well for you. I will say that it's the best keyboard of all my qwerty BB's. However it took me about 2 weeks to get comfortable and fast with the Curve.

I am also an Apple customer whose owned several of their notebooks and iPods. While I too have an interest in the iPhone I truly believe it's mainly an entertainment device that may or may not be a good phone, and email device due to the lack of conventional keyboard. Should I choose to try an iPhone I will wait for 3G and then it will be an additional device. Nothing could replace any of my BlackBerrys for the purposes I use them for (work, personal communication, etc). They are simply too reliable, fast, effective, secure, and fun to use.

So I think it really comes down to giving that option a lot of thought. Especially since it's not a proven device and it's the first time for Apple in the phone space.

Finally regarding your 30 period being over just a few days before the iPhone becomes avaiable, I would go into the store you bought your BB from, tell them your concern and that you would like to keep your BB until the iPhone is out and ask for a grace period. They have the ability to grant that to you, then you could keep it simple. Use the BB until about 4 days before the return date and then begin to make your decision. You may very well find that by then you are really enjoying the BB and wish to keep it. Or not, just depending on how it goes for you.

Good Luck...

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Archer6, you have made some great points. I do need to give it more time and see if I can get used to it. God points made as well on the Iphone. Thanks for taking the time to point out some things that I have overlooked. I will keep you posted and for now just get this Curve replaced with another because of the battery issue.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea give it some more time, I just ordered my curve, and coming from the 8700 I think getting use to the curve will be easier. I hope so, goodluck.

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

All great points. Especially the part about the iPhone being an entertainment phone. I too am excited to play with it. When it comes to the Berry, the do what they do and they do it well! Plain and simple. Coming from someone that sells all types data devices, BlackBerry's are the king of functionality. I love playing and learning all of them, but I only buy BlackBerry. Give the 8300 a little more time. It is a wonderful device. I hope you decide to keep it. Good luck and let us know if you have any other concerns.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I am pretty sure that if you cancel with cingular in your 30 days period and try to sign up again, you will not be eligible for complete discount. I know with Tmo, they hold everyone's previous accounts with them for a year and than dispose of them supposedly. So, I am assuming that cingular probably does the same, and if you were to try and re-sign up, I am sure that they would still have your record on file and say your just "reinstating your line." However, a way i could see you being eligible again, would be to port over or sign up completely new to a new account/number. But then again, you could do the same thing as a cingular customer now and be eligible for a full upgrade discount no? I would definitely call customer care and see what kind of information they would be able to provide you with. Let us know what you find out.

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

You will be just fine if you cancel and re-sign up. No penalty. Just keep in mind that there will not be any discount on the iPhone. We are not offering any discounts on the phone when we release it. Hope this helps.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I agree. I can't tell you how many times I've bought and returned devices without giving them a chance. With just about ANY keyboard, you have to get past a break in period.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    Thanks Archer6, you have made some great points. I do need to give it more time and see if I can get used to it. God points made as well on the Iphone. Thanks for taking the time to point out some things that I have overlooked. I will keep you posted and for now just get this Curve replaced with another because of the battery issue.
    Thank you for the acknowledgment.

This Forum is a lot of fun, helpful to me and I enjoy giving back. Please do keep me posted as I would enjoy hearing how it's going for you. And what you think after giving it time. Then conversely should you choose to go to an iPhone that would be interesting to hear about as well.

Cheers!

alnineball no está en línea Stack level 2

Make sure and talk to the store A.S.A.P. I bought my Pearl on May 27th. I asked when the Curve came out if I could still exchange it since I was only a couple days past. My instore guy I bought the pearl from said no. I also emailed AT&T and was told no way after the 30 days is up. Kinda bummed me but I like the pearl too.

I was too quick to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I agree. I can't tell you how many times I've bought and returned devices without giving them a chance.
    Whoaaaa! I've certainly done that!

Then had some serious regrets when it's been an unlocked unbranded phone that I got from Asia, and it's irreplaceable.

An example is I bought a Nokia E60 which had WiFi (very important for me as I use it everyday, everywhere) and other very nice features. I returned it in just 2 days, because the display was 352 x 416 pixels, on a 2.0" display. Therefore the icons were very tiny. Even though I have 20/20 vision they were quite small. Shortly after returning it I was eager to get another one & give it a second try, but by then they were discontinued. So as they say "I learned the hard way on that one".

Now I challenge myself to be patient, and give each new phone a good long test period.

Cheers

Thumbs up Re: Plan to return my Curve

We live and learn. My point was to just make sure NOW you can get a grace period. Get it in writing would be best. If I wasnt on a family plan with the wife and didnt both just upgrade to pearls I probably would have returned mine and waited till the curve came out. I was hoping just being a couple days past my 30 they would be a little forgiving but nope. I'm new to blackberrys and I was debating on the 8800 just because it had a full qwerty. But this sure type has kinda grown on me. Makes me wish they didnt play these contract games and discounts. New technology comes out too fast to be stuck with 2 yr contracts or pay huge prices. Good luck with your choice.
    Now I am just another BlackBerry Addict!

Here's a tip on how I have successfully recieved a "written extension of the 30days".

I go into the store and ask for the manager. When speaking with the Mgr, I explain what I want, and do so in a very courteous way. I also expect a no initially as it is the policy. After the Mgr says no, I nicely remind them that I am a loyal customer, I pay my bill on time, and I have a high lifetime value to them as I'm not going anywhere. The Mgr is so used to dealing with difficult and unreasonable people that they usually start off rather hard edged. The key is to spend some time, be patient, ignore the no's and have a few reasons that you deserve what you are asking for. Always remember that only the Mgr has the power to do this.

Explain that you saving the company and yourself the time of not have to return this phone now, get a different replacement and then returning that one which would be three returns instead of just two. If the Mgr persists and will not help you, be very pleasant say you understand and thank you.

Then go to another store and try again. Remember, it's not AT&T (or any carrier for that matter) It's the person (mgr) you are dealing with. You simply have to have the patience and perserverance to find one that will work with you. They are out there, it's up to you to find the one.

True Story, I ended up going to FIVE stores in my area and upon walking in to the fifth store it was the store manager that walked up to wait on me. She was very nice, very understanding and very eager to assist me. Now I go to this store every time. I also send my friends there and ask them to ask for the mgr and tell her I sent them. Since I have made serious effort to maintain that valuable relationship, now when I want something I only have to call, speak with her, and she has it ready for me when I arrive. I also show her the courtesy of making an appointment with her. Then I don't have to wait when going in.

The payoff? When the Curve came out, she automatically set one aside for me, and called me. I went in and was out of there is less than 10 minutes with my new Curve.

I believe you get out of a relationship, what you put into it. I make it my job to maintain the relationship and it works perfectly.

I wish I would have went in to a store before my 30 days were up. That would have been smart. I was just hoping the curve came out before my 30 days. But ofcourse it comes out a few days after. I like the store I go to and the salesman I used. They were very nice and helpful. I will go back to them again. I just will have to get the latest greatest thing in another 18 months. My fault not theres.

CarBob no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Archer6,

Thanks for taking the time to write such helpful and informative posts. Have been reading them for some time, not only on this forum but on others.

Keep up the good work.

CarBob
    NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast