I am using os 4.6.1.206 on my 8900. The other day I recorded this video: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pixely Video Camera

Advertisement

I am using os 4.6.1.206 on my 8900.

The other day I recorded this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=milH63z-q9w

Notice how pixely it is. I don't remember the video recording quality being that bad on my Curve 8310 I had with os 4.5.x.x

Have any of you noticed this lack of quality? Do you know of a way to make it better?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Is it like that on your phone/computer? Or just YouTube? Maybe when YouTube was converting it the quality was damaged. My 8320 nor 8900 have that effect.

It's like that everywhere - including on the phone.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    what video format did you use? if i use mms mode the videos are pretty bad but if i use "normal" they stay pretty clear. btw im on 4.6.1.152. hope that helps

It was like that with the 3gp format that it creates by default and every format that I converted it to. I am on 4.6.1.206

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    did you use mms mode or normal mode for your youtube video? (btw i kinda always wondered how the rock was layed) i tested my 8900 and took a video in mms mode moving around shadows light dark etc and it was pretty pixely. i took another video right after the first in normal mode same shadows light dark etc and was no where near as pixely. is it possible that in the converting it causes this?

I'm actually not sure. I didn't know there was an option for mms and non-mms modes... i'll have to look into it. If that is all it was then I will be thrilled!

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    just an fyi if you open your video camera press menu-options-the third line down says video format. hope thats the fix!

Yeah, I found the option to switch it.

I just tried a little clip in each mode and there is a considerable difference, but i'll have to go to the same place behind my shop where there's plenty of room and try it again and i'll cross my fingers it is what the problem was.

I'll keep you all posted.