Maybe knee jerk reaction here, but I'm noticing something just now. I've used my blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

pinstack app and battery

Advertisement

Maybe knee jerk reaction here, but I'm noticing something just now.
    I've used my blackberry online for a little with a full charge. No change in battery indicater. One I opened the pinstack launcher my batt lost half of a section.
    I noticed something similar over the past few days. Am I imagining this?

Its hard to explain, but has anyone noticed anything similar. Seems that the battery drops much much quicker with these apps open than it should.

Maybe I'm just tilting at windmills, dunno.
    8900 with .133
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Generally speaking, when an application is opened, it consumes both memory and processor power. Therefore it will put a load on the battery.

How much load an application puts is dependent on how many resources it uses.

If an application uses a lot of data over the radio, it will consume more power.

I can't say I've had a problem with the meter dropping to half by using the pinstack app in particular, but what I have noticed is that the blackberry battery indicators are generally a bit deceptive. To get a proper indication of battery level, I always look under the "status" option. Many a times, my battery indicator will show a full charge but the "status" option will show 90% or even 85%.

This may also be dependant on custom themes, and how the battery meter is set to display charge indication. Can someone that bulds themes give us any insight on this?

Hope this helps...

It helps. I know it sounds crazy, and I'm not 100% sure myself. Just seems that on occasions its dropped noticibaly. Just wanted to see if it was me, or if someone else has noticed it.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Not likely at all pinstack app does not use the wireless radio. Only the "bb browser when a link is clicked.

Yeah hayden, that's why it caught my attention. I'm starting to believe its the theme/meter not the app. Either way the app stays. Since I made this post I've been texting surfing etc with no change in the meter.
    Didn't mean to imply something was wrong with the app, was just obervation/curious question.