When pinning someone with another BB that has a data plan, what does the check ... BlackBerry Curve forum

future no está en línea Stack level 1

Pinning + check mark symbol

Advertisement

When pinning someone with another BB that has a data plan, what does the check mark symbol and the small "D" mean ? Sometimes just the check mark appears and then the "D" appears maybe an hour later. But there are times that both appear immediately ?

Can someone explain the difference between the 2 ?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    D means delivered
    R means read
    I think when you just get the checkmark it may not have really gotten there... but I honestly don't know

x14
    x14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Checkmark just means message sent.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    D means delivered
    R means read
    I think when you just get the checkmark it may not have really gotten there... but I honestly don't know
    I've never seen an R before ? I can understand that the check mark means that the message has been sent, but the D meaning delivered to me means the same thing.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I always see the R once it's been read and D for delivered, I always figured that that check meant sent but if the person was in an area with low or no signal so it hasn't got to their BB.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I always see the R once it's been read and D for delivered, I always figured that that check meant sent but if the person was in an area with low or no signal so it hasn't got to their BB.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thx for the quick replies guys...........I love this forum here...............

I've been thru all my Pinned messages................none of them have an R on them..............and I know they've read it b/c they've responded to it..........am I looking at the right spot for the letter R.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Most of mine have the little d above the check-mark. Once that person has seen my message the d changes to a R.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

For me its same as dcooksta~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Most of mine have the little d above the check-mark. Once that person has seen my message the d changes to a R.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmmmm, ok, so the question is why hasn't mine switched over to the R ??

Don't know, I can't find a setting that changes it and mine has just always done it that way.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    There is a difference in the way PIN to PIN and BB Messenger work. PIN to PIN will give a checkmark when it is received/accepted by the RIM Network, Then once the RIM Network is notified that the receiving BB acknowledges the message, the network will notify the sending BB, which will post a D. There is no notification of read.

When using BB Messenger, the receiving BB will return a notification to the BB Messenger app that it thinks the current or latest message has been read and the sending BB will show an R.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    There is a difference in the way PIN to PIN and BB Messenger work. PIN to PIN will give a checkmark when it is received/accepted by the RIM Network, Then once the RIM Network is notified that the receiving BB acknowledges the message, the network will notify the sending BB, which will post a D. There is no notification of read.

When using BB Messenger, the receiving BB will return a notification to the BB Messenger app that it thinks the current or latest message has been read and the sending BB will show an R.

Rcbjr.
    That clears it up ...............thx.