I recently bought a BlackBerry Curve at an internet store (Blueharboronline.com) trough amazon.com , but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

andreinatoro no está en línea Stack level 1

Question PIN Release & IMEI Issue - advice needed in a foreign country

Advertisement

I recently bought a BlackBerry Curve at an internet store (Blueharboronline.com) trough amazon.com, but I am unable to use the blackberry services and features in Venezuela using Movistar (phone company).

I tried to register my cell phone at the blackberry internet service web page, at http://movistar.ve.blackberry.com/, but my new phone appears to be already register with another service providier... I keep getting the same error notification saying that my PIN number is already registered...

I talked to Blueharboronline.com but they say that they liberated my PIN number, and that the problem is not on their end.

I talked to my service provider (movistar), but they say that because the PIN is not liberated, nor registrated at movistar, they cannot give me the blackberry data plan...I'm hoping you can help me with this, or maybe show me some light and point me in the right direcction... But my PIN number seems to be registered in the BlackBerry records, and a need have it liberated, so I can register my phone with my local service provider...

If you need aditional information in order to help me let me know...

I have 2 weeks with my BB and I am frustrated, I haven't been able to use it.. I can only receive and make calls, and recieve and send SMS. And Movistar can't activate the data plan for me until I solve the problem stated before...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Which carrier is the phone initially with?

When you boot it up, what companys logo appears on the splash screen?

Or, from the homescreen, press ALT+CAP+H and what is the vendor ID?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Depending on your model, you can also do ALT+EACE to see the vendor ID.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

andreinatoro no está en línea Stack level 1
    when I turn on my phone I see T - MOBILE on the screen

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Okay.

You need to call TMOBILE at 800-866-2453
    Get ahold of BlackBerry Support.
    Tell them that you need that PIN and IMEI released so that you can set up a new account.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 05-21-2008 at 12:09 PM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Go to status and find your PIN number and Post it, i might be able to release it
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    You can also call RIM support and find out where the pin is registered to find out who needs to release it.

hooked2berry no está en línea Stack level 1
    My brother took my Curve to Brazil and had the same problem. I was able to use it in the States without any trouble. He had Movistar there and was unable to register his device for emails. He kept getting an error message that the PIN was registered with another carrier. I spoke with the dealer here and they said the same thing - the PIN needs to be released by RIM. After several calls to Movistar, he was finally able to get them to talk to RIM support and get the PIN released. He's using it without any trouble now. Send me an email and I will send you his contact info (he is in SP). Maybe he can help. Good luck!