Hi all, Not sure if its me not really understanding, but I cannot seem to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2

PIN notification sound

Advertisement

Hi all,

Not sure if its me not really understanding, but I cannot seem to find a way of making my curve make a sound when I receieve a PIN message.

I also seem to lose the red blinking light after a while on standard sms / missed call notifications.

Can anyone help?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    As far as losing the light after a while, yeah that'll happen. You can load BB Alerts onto your phone (3rd party app to purchase) if you want to change that.

For changing the sound PIN messages make, go into your Profiles Menu-->Advanced. Select the profile-->Menu Button-->Edit. Scroll down to "Level 1 Messages" and edit the settings there. Save and close.

Then go to your inbox, menu button-->options. Make sure under Actions that "Make PIN Messages Level 1" is toggled to "Yes" and you should be all set.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    As far as losing the light after a while, yeah that'll happen. You can load BB Alerts onto your phone (3rd party app to purchase) if you want to change that.

For changing the sound PIN messages make, go into your Profiles Menu-->Advanced. Select the profile-->Menu Button-->Edit. Scroll down to "Level 1 Messages" and edit the settings there. Save and close.

Then go to your inbox, menu button-->options. Make sure under Actions that "Make PIN Messages Level 1" is toggled to "Yes" and you should be all set.
    There should be a stand alone setting for BB Messenger as well though.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    There should be a stand alone setting for BB Messenger as well though.
    I am not sure I understand this correctly because on mine there are seperate setting for Messenger...

Am I missing something?
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    The ALERT is for when someone PINGs you, ot requests you.
    the new message is for just that, when someone sends you a new message..

Where it says LEVEL 1 MESSAGES is for PIN emails, they are sent through the PIN system, and not through messenger.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C
    Okay, guess I never used PIN e-mail before... How do you and or why would you use this? Btw, sorry to hijack, just though it would be important to ask here, just in case I'm not the only one who doesn't know.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    Well it is just a message, without having to request someone on messenger, and wait for them to approve.

All you have to do to send on is, in ANY message or email folder, press menu, Compose PIN.

It sends it the same way it sends an email.

When i sell something, people will send me a PIN message about it. Its easier and more direct than an email, and i dont have to add 100 random people to my messenger.

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    HI all,

Yes the first reply sorted out my question. Need to look into BB alerts now!

Mark

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Is there a way to have an alert sound when you get a pin message using messenger?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by knight2472000 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Is there a way to have an alert sound when you get a pin message using messenger?
    Sure, just edit your sound profile, you have 2 messenger entries you can edit.

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No idea how I missed that. Thanks.

rhart37 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was wonndering can u have different sounds for different people anyway you can set that
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    No, u can't set different sounds for different people within bbm. Or any messaging app (third party) actually. The same applies for SMS and MMS. You can set ringtones for people which I am sure u r already aware. If u want an app that will give u an alert when just a certain person messages u, try out the trial of SmartAlerts from Bellshare. It also works in conjunction with BerryBuzz if u have that app. It will allow u to customize a certain color LED flash for certain contacts for SMS MMS and EMAIL. It didn't work for bbm because berrybuzz did not work in conjunction with bbm previously, however, the latest vrsion of Berrybuzz offers a customization for bbm, now. Whether or not it will work in conjunction with SmartAlerts, I do not know, maybe one of the other stackers will be able to answer that. Hope this helps some.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~