Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Try going here and you want to download the OS not sure why it gave ... BlackBerry Curve forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Try going here and you want to download the OS not sure why it gave you the updater. Since you are on verizon you should just enter your number when ask and download will start. If you dont wanna use your number just use 000-000-0000.

amt83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    should I remove that updater file before doing this? Thank alot for your help btw!! I really appreciate it! I've been stuck for days now

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nope just leave it.

amt83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't get very far because when the apploader opens it asks me for the pin first but will not let me enter one.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    if you got the OS downloaded and install reboot and we will go from there. Also do a battery pull on the BB.

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a very similar problem on my laptop when I exchanged an 8830 for an 8330.

The 8830 was still recognized, but the 8330 was not (unknown USB device).

I did all of the steps mentioned and still nothing. However it is recognized on all of the other PCs with DM on them.

ODD ITEM - My laptop WILL recognize and work fine with the 8330 if I plug the USB cable into the docking station expansion ports, but not directly into the laptop. WEIRD.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by sy32478 View Post
    I had a very similar problem on my laptop when I exchanged an 8830 for an 8330.

The 8830 was still recognized, but the 8330 was not (unknown USB device).

I did all of the steps mentioned and still nothing. However it is recognized on all of the other PCs with DM on them.

ODD ITEM - My laptop WILL recognize and work fine with the 8330 if I plug the USB cable into the docking station expansion ports, but not directly into the laptop. WEIRD.
    The reason for this the way I understand is the usb port on the laptop itself. I know there is a fix but can't recall what it is. Something about the port not drawing enough power I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12