Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I've just gotten another curve back ( returned for the storm & then returned ... BlackBerry Curve forum

amt83 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pin issues! pease help.

Advertisement

So I've just gotten another curve back ( returned for the storm & then returned storm for curve).
    I downloaded DM v4.6 and my pin is not showing. The window says DM is disconnected and at the bottom it says device connected (pin)= none.

My usb is fine and i followed the instructions in the help section but it's still not working.

Any advice?? or possibly even another thread to direct me to where this may have been touched on before?? I did run a search for it but couldn't really find any threads appropriate for this question.

Thanks!

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    I would delete and download DM again.This happened to me and that's what I did. Sometimes I notice depending where you get it from doesn't download correct or it's corrupted. pin: me if you need anything else it's 9:24 my time incause you are a different time zone after 10 little access to internet but i always ot my BB lol. 304874f2 make sure you let me know it's you
    MrS.OfFiCeR

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just uninstall DM and go into c/program files/common files/and delete research in motion folder then reboot your pc and reinstall DM. Reboot again then connect your Curve and open desktop manager. This should do it for you. If not post back.

Thank you I will try that. I downloaded it from the blackberry website. Is there somewhere i should try getting it from?? This is actually the second time i've downloaded it from there.

I dont know how to pin ( i feel stupid right now lolol) I just never have before!!

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Just uninstall DM and go into c/program files/common files/and delete research in motion folder then reboot your pc and reinstall DM. Reboot again then connect your Curve and open desktop manager. This should do it for you. If not post back.
    Thanks. Ill try this

and 4.6 is the right one for me to be downloading since I'm trying to update the phone to 4.5 correct? I downloaded 4.5 with the same problem and I was adivsed to dowenload again with 4.6.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Either should work. If 4.5 gave you the issue I would go up to 4.6. Also make sure you are running as admin on your PC.

Ok. I did it but still no luck

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It may sound crazy but make sure your connection settin on your desktop manager is selected to "usb".

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click on loader and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Go into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click on loader and see if that works.
    It searched for it and then a new window opended up saying "unable to connect to device"

does the vendor file have anything to do with this or is that only when updating OS?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Is the operating system installed to the PC if so make sure only the one for the curve is installed and no others by going to add remove programs. Deleting the vendor won't hurt so you can do that as well.

nothing else was installed. I deleted everything from my last curve. I didn't install the disk that was given to me in the box with the phone...i just went stragith to the website to download the updated one. Was this wrong?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No that shouldnt matter. Is the OS for the current Curve installed on your PC now? If not you will need to do that.

How do I go about doing that? Excuse my ignorance I just never had to go through all these steps before so it's alittle new to me

ETA: I dowloaded OS from the website but still no change.In add/remove it shows up as device software updater.
    Last edited by amt83; 12-02-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast