I bought a BB 8320 unlocked from open market. Problem now is that the PIN ... BlackBerry Curve forum

arshshah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2204462B

Lightbulb PIN-IME registered to which services provider

Advertisement

I bought a BB 8320 unlocked from open market. Problem now is that the PIN & IME is registred with some other vendor, thus I cannot get it registered to my service provider (ETISALAT).

PIN - 2063C8A1
    IME - 004401.13.109148.6

Is ther anyway I can come to know which vendor the PIN & IME was registered or is ther anyway I cab\n change the PIN??

Like this I am not able to use the phone other than to make calls & send SMS's - no advantage of BB....!!

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Umm, no, it doesn't work that way. If the device isn't sim locked, you can have it enabled on any carrier. Merely buy a sim, have it provisioned with the voice and BB service of your choice and light it up.

IMEI's are not locked to a carrier (unlike CDMA and ESN/MEID's).

And, lastly, no, the PIN and IMEI are burned into the ROM of the device - these cannot be changed.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Basically you can either contact the first owner and get him to call and get his carrier to release the PIN. OR go on some unlocking websites, some of them offer to release your PIN.

Sorry about that but yeah only the original provider and RIM can do it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Umm, no, it doesn't work that way. If the device isn't sim locked, you can have it enabled on any carrier. Merely buy a sim, have it provisioned with the voice and BB service of your choice and light it up.

IMEI's are not locked to a carrier (unlike CDMA and ESN/MEID's).

And, lastly, no, the PIN and IMEI are burned into the ROM of the device - these cannot be changed.
    Im pretty sure he wasnt talking about unlocking the phone but more about releasing the PIN to be able to use BIS/BES on HIS number now.

PIN/ID
    2204462B
    Thanks guys, I will try and find how to release the PIN on the net otherwise I will have to buy a BB from a authorised service provider and keep this one as a souviner because my Vendor cannot provide me services without gettting it registered. I do not know how far this is true.

PIN/ID
    2204462B
    I have anoher problem with my BB 8320. Under email setup I am not able to find the option to setup privae email. I have upgraded the BB to 4.5 but an unable to see this option,

Can anyone let tell me why this is missing from the setup wizard??

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ack! No No No! "Release the PIN"?! Where did you guys hear that PIN's were bound to carriers???

GSM carriers - grab a device that's sim locked and start going through a stack of SIM's - the device will register on each carrier, no problem.

BES also do not OWN devices....nadda.

Only possibility of any residual effects is a BIS account that's setup for that pin - but, that would be only IF there was a pre-existing BIS account. If you call RIM, they'll zero the pin in BIS to break that relationship (if it exists).

PIN/ID
    2204462B

Smile

Any idea how to contact RIM. I am a resident of Dubai United Arab Emirates.