Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a colleague in the UK who has a 8320 on Orange. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jake993 no está en línea Stack level 1

PIN & Messenger trouble

Advertisement

I have a colleague in the UK who has a 8320 on Orange. I have an 8310 on AT&T. For months now we have communicated regularly using both PIN and BB Messenger.

All of a sudden, he is experiencing a strange problem where he can receive PIN and BB Messenger messages (from me and others) but he cannot seem to send. It is the strangest thing because it worked perfectly in the past and now it is kaput!!! Email works fine as normal. Just PIN and messenger are troublesome.

We have scoured the manuals and look at every possible menu item and setting that we can think of but cannot seem to find a solution. He has tried powering it down and removing the battery but that does not seem to help.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recognize the symptoms?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Jake

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try having him resend his service books.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the suggestions
    But tried that already. Deleted all service books and re-registered.
    Same result.
    The mystery continues......

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Did he notice if he started having issues with this after installing new software or anything like that?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

No, not really. The only thin that was out of the ordinary was connecting it to a MacBook Air via the USB cable but only for charging the battery - not synching.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If he adds a person to BBM via PIN it doesn't work, right? What if he adds a person to BBM via email? Can he send messages and they get received at that point?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Well, it sort of works in that he can receive PINS and BBM messages, but all outbound messages go nowhere.

I think what you might be suggesting is to delete BBM contacts and re-invite using email address instead of PIN.

Will give it a try. Thanks

THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!!

A few days ago I reported that my buddy and I could no longer PIN and BBM although we had enjoyed the feature for many months. We tried everything under the sun including delete each others contact info and start again.

After recreating contacts and sending invitations to add contacts for BBM we found the following;

- I could add my friend as a BBM but he shows up as "busy" when I click the menu key and selected "contact info".

- However, when we click the menu key and select "My Status" it comes up as "available".

- I can send PIN and BBM to him and he can see them, but when he replies, they go nowhere because my BB thinks that his BB is "Busy".

So does anyone habe any ideas who we can break the log-jam?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

mikebluep5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I dunno if you found the fix for this, but I too started experiencing problems with receiving messages, and people showing up busy for HOURS, and the same for me. I called AT&T and they were less than helpful, except the first guy which did all he could to within his expertise to help me. I am still having problems, I just put a fresh install of 4.5 on and its still doing it. All att would do is resend svc books which doesnt help. I too have found that when mine starts acting up that its not always on the EDGE network, just edge which doesnt allow emails, pin messages, or bb messenger to work. I have no clue what the deal is, but if i send a email to myself or a bb message to myself it jumps to EDGE and opens a floodgate usually and I get about 6 messages from my friends that have just been sitting there in lingo. If anyone finds a cure, please share!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    For both jake993 and mikebluep5 sounds like you could both use a dose of RIM support...you should call them and let them know what's happening and see if they can't fix it for you...make sure to pull up your logs and see what the errors are if there are any...good luck

mikebluep5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    anybody have rims #, att said they would put me through to their "bb experts", then to rim if it couldnt be fixed. When i talked to the lady, my emails were coming through and pin messages from ME were coming through, like always. It took her several times sending the service books before i ever got anything to my phone. Then the.....lady....in nice terms just said ok sir, is there anything else we can assist you with tonight, I was like uhm YEAH I want my phone working RIGHT. I dont pay what I pay to have to force the phone to receive things....enought rant...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you tried deleting and re-installing BB Messenger?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    I was gonna ask that too. You might want to try deleting and re-installing bb messenger...I was having similar problems a few months back and when I deleted and re-installed, everything went back to normal. Don't forget to do a back-up before deleting!

Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    how do you reinstall the BB messenger?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You install it with the DM. You must have your device/phone software downloaded and running on your computer in addition to your DM
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast