Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten has been kind enough to publicly post some of the very ... BlackBerry Curve forum

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Pictures From the 2Mpixel 8300 Camera

Advertisement

Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten has been kind enough to publicly post some of the very first pictures from the 8300 Curve. Boris says that the 8300 will upload camera photos straight to Flickr and that it was pretty cool and convenient.

The 2Mp 8300 camera is capable of 1600x1200 photos at 3 different quality settings (compression ratios, i.e. normal, fine and superfine), but uploads the photos at a downsized 800x600. What you will see is the downsized and compressed versions of what the 8300 is capable of. Also shown are the internal effects the 8300 can do with black & white and sepia toned versions of some of the photos.

My favorite, showing good lighting and punchy color straight out of the 8300 (although downsized & compressed):
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...6696185&size=o

Boris' photos from the 8300 start on the April 27, 2007 date:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenextweb/

Great job on the photos Boris and thanks to you (and Lois!) for sharing your photos with all of us.
    Last edited by 2-4Trippin; 05-05-2007 at 03:21 AM.

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pictures From the 2MPixel 8300 Camera!

Interesting. I guess my expectations for camera phones isn't very high, so it's not such a critical point for me. I do take pics all the time with mine, but those are fun ones at the pub or to send a photo to a friend from a store to show them an item. When I want to take a real pic, I use a real camera.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Nice pictures, need to start putting money to the side for this phone!

reiter no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been using the 8300 for a few weeks, courtesy of RIM. I've been a wireless analyst for more than 28 years. I'm a wireless data consultant and I am especially interested in the imaging aspects of the 8300.

For anyone who's interested, I have posted scores of photos taken with the 8300 -- both with pre-production software and "gold" software. Because I'm, apparently, a peon on this forum I'm unable to post URLs. So be it.

If you care enough to search on Google and go to my camera phone weblog -- "Camera Phone Report" -- you'll see two articles -- plus photos -- about the 8300's image quality, as well as seeing in "My Test Moblogs" on the left of the weblog a moblog for 8300 images.

The moblog is based on the 8300's pre-production (almost ready for prime time) software. Here's the moblog I set up for those images. (I will add "gold" code photos to that batch soon.)

In my second Camera Phone Report article about the 8300, my analysis -- after using the "gold" code -- includes a second set of photos in a musical (of sorts) slide show with more than 70 images comparing the 8300 with the 8100. I took one photo each of the same scene with both phones so there's a comparison of each image. Here's the link to the comparison photos:

Bottom line: The 8300 images are typically more vibrant and with more detail than the 8100's (that are flatter and bluer). The gold code is better than the pre-production software. However, the 8300 white balance -- as with the pre-production code -- still produces images in bright sunlight that are too yellow and sometimes completely blows out the detail.

Because of problems with the 8300's white balance, the 8100 sometimes produces more realistic, albeit less vibrant, images. RIM needs to do a better job with the 8300's imaging software.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by reiter
    I have been using the 8300 for a few weeks, courtesy of RIM. I've been a wireless analyst for more than 28 years. I'm a wireless data consultant and I am especially interested in the imaging aspects of the 8300.

For anyone who's interested, I have posted scores of photos taken with the 8300 -- both with pre-production software and "gold" software. Because I'm, apparently, a peon on this forum I'm unable to post URLs. So be it.

If you care enough to search on Google and go to my camera phone weblog -- "Camera Phone Report" -- you'll see two articles -- plus photos -- about the 8300's image quality, as well as seeing in "My Test Moblogs" on the left of the weblog a moblog for 8300 images.

The moblog is based on the 8300's pre-production (almost ready for prime time) software. Here's the moblog I set up for those images. (I will add "gold" code photos to that batch soon.)

In my second Camera Phone Report article about the 8300, my analysis -- after using the "gold" code -- includes a second set of photos in a musical (of sorts) slide show with more than 70 images comparing the 8300 with the 8100. I took one photo each of the same scene with both phones so there's a comparison of each image. Here's the link to the comparison photos:

Bottom line: The 8300 images are typically more vibrant and with more detail than the 8100's (that are flatter and bluer). The gold code is better than the pre-production software. However, the 8300 white balance -- as with the pre-production code -- still produces images in bright sunlight that are too yellow and sometimes completely blows out the detail.

Because of problems with the 8300's white balance, the 8100 sometimes produces more realistic, albeit less vibrant, images. RIM needs to do a better job with the 8300's imaging software.
    Very interesting thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b