Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I'm still skeered to do mine. I guess I'll do it once I get sick ... BlackBerry Curve forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

I'm still skeered to do mine. I guess I'll do it once I get sick of the silver bezel. It's only day 5 with my new toy; i don't wanna harm it lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm still skeered to do mine. I guess I'll do it once I get sick of the silver bezel. It's only day 5 with my new toy; i don't wanna harm it lol
    Yeah, you're still in the "Honeymoon" phase.... :d
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    Hmm well i got a question about those seals. I actually didnt replace them so what would happen. Because i tried to get it off but i kinda ripped it so i left it on my old bezel so when i get something sharper i can replace it.
    I've heard reports of the user hearing feedback if the seals are not moved, but I feel as if they are there to keep dust out, possibly.
    -Tim

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey all.. where can we get these replaceable bezels?? does it come with the " blackberry" piece by the earphone at the top? Anywhere to get the lower back piece replaced also? i started droppin my phone too many times after 6 months of never dropping it!!

Check ebay or cnn.cn to see what the packages contain.
    -Tim

karenpokorny no está en línea Stack level 1

Won't turn on

Hi replaced the housing on my 8900, I actually managed to do it right even though I didn't find this post until after. Now my phone won't turn on.... it's getting power, a red light comes on, where it's usually green with service, then it goes black. Any suggestions?

Karen

Try calling the phone, do the call functions work?

If so, it might just be a bad screen connection.
    -Tim

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    FYI - cnn.cn now sells the silver bezels with the little parts preinstalled.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    You are brave. Thats too much circuitry for me to see.
    Gyros anyone?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    20. Replace the top cover, and hold it in place while you screw the top 2 screws back in. At this point, you should have all 6 screws in.

Okay Tim,

Here's my question why does the top part in your tutorial look like it's not properly put back together? were you in the middle of tightening the screws when the pic was taken or is this (^) the final stage after all the screws have been placed back on and everything? I just need to switch the trackball on my bb. Do I have to undergo all of this as well. I replaced my trackball on my previous 8310 10's of times but now that the idiots at RIM made it harder to get to the trackball can this be possible without hurting my bb . I wanna take it apart but a part of me by looking at this pic makes my knees shake lol. Thanks in advance.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

In the picture, the screws have not been tightened yet. I guess I was emphasizing the "hold it in place to screw it back on," or something, I can't remember. But it will be flush once you screw it back on! lol

And don't worry too much, once you take off the front cover (step 7), you're done. No need to swap the little seals or anything. I believe in you! lol
    -Tim

I just bought my brother a bezel and went back to this guide to make sure I didn't mess up! lol
    -Tim

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    I used your guide last night to do mine and all was great except for the little seal and little tiny screen dealy. I destroyed those things haha! But I dont even notice any difference without them on my new bezel. I put my phone back together once I had the top buttons in place and all worked perfecto. So you could probably do fine with out those seals and the teeny little screen thing I am guessing. Plus every tutorial I saw on Youtube has nothing in regards to changing those out so it seems to be fine without them. Like someone said before, probably for keeping out dust or something. Lucky for me I keep mine holstered and dont deal with many dust issues.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

baoiey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks ssnxp for the wonderful pics and the steps! I've been surfing the internet for the past few weeks deciding whether or not I wanted to go through with the bezel swap. I honestly was getting tired of the stock one... plus it was slightly scratched. I finally purchased one and couldn't wait for it to arrive. Finally it arrived yesterday afternoon and I couldn't wait to switch; however, I was a bit nervous about the foam pieces and the little screen that you have to transfer over. It took a whole night for me to finally build the courage to take my phone apart and finally make the switch! Everything turned out great! It wasn't really that hard to do.

Once again, thanks.

No problem, glad it helped! It's really not super difficult to do as long as you're careful. I'm glad that some people are still getting used from this thread, and I'm glad yours turned out well
    -Tim

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast