[FONT=Verdana]OK, I have searched and searched and not found my exact problem noted. So I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rnbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone Works, blank white screen

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]OK, I have searched and searched and not found my exact problem noted. So I feel special, not good, but special. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I purchased an unlocked curve 8320 (wifi). I put my sim card in, it worked fine for several days then I got greedy, downloaded a free theme (can tell you which one if you care) and the LCD did some wavy images, turned blank white (no hourglass), the phone locked and that was that. I am new to the BB world (am using a pearl 8100 right now), but this is where the education began. I have become quite proficient with wiping the blackberry using jl_cmder, reloading OS using the DOS command prompt, deleting the vendor.xml file and using the Blackberry Desktop software. I have completely disassembled the device many times, replaced the LCD screen with the same results. The phone works because I can hit the number keys and it dials, the right and left convenience keys work as the default for the camera (I can hear the “shutter” sound) and voice dialing (it asks me to say a command). I have repeated this cycle many times over thinking I’ve missed something. Just a couple of days ago I wanted to try to verify the theme was a problem (even with my white screen) so I downloaded it again. Well the phone apparently locked for the convenience keys yielded no response and the number keys appeared to be of no use in dialing a call. So could the theme have permanently corrupted the device beyond repair? I have tried the T-Mobile OS (it is a T-Mobile phone), and many other operating system softwares including the 4.5 OS on Blackberry’s site. Any suggestions? Thanks.[/FONT]

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    IF YOUR UNDER WARRENTY SEND IT BACK!

If not check this out:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._screen-49889/

And here is something you can try:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_death-65540/
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

This was an unlocked private purchase, so no warranty.

thanks for the other links, I will check them out.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Follow the guide and see if you can fix it. good luck
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

tore it apart, totally isolated the lcd from any part of the pc board with the exception of the ribbon cable connector, still nothing but the blank white screen.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that happen to me too but in my bb8320 I talked to rim and all you have to do is download the newst software to your phone that's all