Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I connect my phone to my pc, I can sync with desktop manager, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

triniempress no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone to PC connection

Advertisement

When I connect my phone to my pc, I can sync with desktop manager, but I am unable to see my phone when I go to my computer, so I can get my pictures or change my music. I notice that the symbol does not show in the task bar either. What do I need to do?
    Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Go into your options to Media card, and make sure you have mass storage mode enabled.

It is set to on already, which I thought was the problem.
    Here are my current settings.
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Sotrage Mode when Connected: Yes

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Few more things to clear out of the way.

When you plug your phone in, and wait a little while is there a message that pops up on the phone, asking if you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode?

What kind of computer and what operating system do you have on your computer?

Have you tried more than 1 USB port?

Have you restarted your computer lately?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Restarting the comp may be a good idea... But do you have a password set up on your bb? The device will ask you to enter your password to enable the mass storage mode if it is password protected... Maybe that'll help?
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I was just going to suggest rebooting both the PC and doing a battery pull on the phone. I have this happen every once in awhile with my Storm on Vista. Reboot fixes it every time.

Since I got the phone I had that problem and I got it in December. I have reboted both phone and pc on many occations, I did get the question about mass storage password and I did enter it. I have tried more than one USB ports as well as other items to see if the pc recognises it.
    I have windows xp. Any other suggestions?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I can't think of anything else... What about uninstalling the dm and then reinstalling it... That might do the trick... If that doesn't work, you might have to send the phone in for a replacement. There's an engineering mode that can be unlocked using not so "legal" techniques just to see if the mass storage availability via usb is disabled, but unless you're tech navvy enough to go through thr hassle, it may just be best to go ahead and just call up the carrier and look to a replacement... Good luck n keep us posted...

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Even simpler, Get a card reader that handles microSD cards or SD if you got an adaptor with it and do it that way, take your card out and load it up, then put it back in.

If you use DM and use the media option, does roxio let you move music back n forth ?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

Well, I bought the phone on ebay, so I don't think I can return it.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Are you using an older computer, are the usb ports 2.0 or older?

I have an older computer and i had to use these USB drivers to get it to work right on a curve 8310

bad link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...as2SNtvPMLIcrA** Correct link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2AB278371FEBF6 for english version
    Last edited by rashard; 02-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well... You can do the usb card reader idea that rashard mentioned above... Or if you have insurance with your carrier, they might do it under that... I've done that before with tmobile...

Last option would be to use mfi multiloader to debrand your device and then go into engineering mode and enable the usb connection to handle mass storage.

But I still think that uninstalling the DM and then restarting the comp... Installing n restarting again n that really should do the trick...

Tell me this though... Have you tried accessing mass storage on another computer? It may have something to do with missing drivers / corrupt files / viruses on your personal PC?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Thumbs up Try this

How about this GREAT fix on WinXP , it works for Vista too!
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314634/en-us
    That site has several free automatic "fix me" files!

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    How about this GREAT fix on WinXP , it works for Vista too!
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314634/en-us
    That site has several free automatic "fix me" files!
    Great work

Oh if your running SP2 use this one

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892050/

I have a new pc. I have the same problem on my laptop as well. What mistifies me is that when I plug it in it makes the same notification sound that tells me I pluged in a USB. I use my usb drives all the time on this pc and have no problems. I uninstalled DM and reinstalled as you suggested reddrvgon but to no avail. Thanks for all the input. I will have to try the adaptor option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast