I have deleted unwanted/unused programs, cleared my even log, added memory clearing and am still ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mdmsupra no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone Running Very Slow

Advertisement

I have deleted unwanted/unused programs, cleared my even log, added memory clearing and am still stuck with a slow running BB 8330. Any way to make this thing run faster? Startup takes 2-3 minutes after restart. Switching programs is almost impossible. Anyone had any luck?

I have a micro SD chip installed

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Don't forget to clear your browser content cache. Also make sure you completely close out of ALL programs instead of just hitting the escape key. How much physical memory do you have (not sd card memory)?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What OS do you have installed on your Curve?

I have version 5, I upgraded because version 4.5 was running even worse. How do you find out how much physical memory you have?

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Try cleaning out your messages folders too, deleting old emails, and old phone call lists.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Try cleaning out your messages folders too, deleting old emails, and old phone call lists.
    How do you clean all those old calls, emails and sms quickly without doing it one by one?

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    To find out how much physical memory you have go to the options menu, click on status and where it says file free, that is how much memory you have. I'm not sure about the curve, but I know on the pearl if that number is below 12 million your BB will be s l o w. To clean out all of the messages go into where your recent calls are (click on your green phone button, like to make a call), and scroll up to where you would type in a number and then hit your menu key. Scroll down to options, go to call logging, and click the button that says all calls. This will then send all of your call logs you your message list. There you can go to a certain date and click the menu button and then click delete prior.that will clean out all of the calls placed and received before the date you select. To clear out old messages simply go to your message list and do the same, menu, delete prior.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    To clean out all of the messages go into where your recent calls are (click on your green phone button, like to make a call), and scroll up to where you would type in a number and then hit your menu key. Scroll down to options, go to call logging, and click the button that says all calls. This will then send all of your call logs you your message list.
    You don't need to have call logs show in messages list to clear them. Just go to messages/menu/view folder/phone call logs. The logs appear there even if you have call logging in your messages list set to none
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    To quickly delete the whole call list, just do what azstar said, then select the top date in the list, press the BB button and select delete prior, or select a day or two in the past if you want to keep some calls. You can interact with the call logs just like you would the emails. You can use the trackball to select a group of entries also. Working thru the messages icon is the best way to clean up emails AND call logs. Don't forget missed calls.
    Rich C.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The BlackBerry 8330 has 96 MB of internal memory available to the user for storage and 64 MB is used by the BlackBerry Device Software 5.0. I have noticed that the file free has to be above 15 MB in order for the BlackBerry 8330 to function some what OK.

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Fortunately since the 8900 they have upped the memory to 256MBs and finally memory clean up is not as much as an issue, and rumor has it the next generation (not the Tour2 thou) should have 512 MBs. I have over 50 3rd party apps on my S2 and I'm running smooth. (I evaluate a lot of apps) I still do clean up thou, deleting old emails and going though my apps and deleting ones I no longer use, old habit from my S1 and prior days.
    Rich C.