hi... i searched, but the other threads didn't seem to help... anyway, i've had my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

phone keeps shutting off

Advertisement

hi...

i searched, but the other threads didn't seem to help...

anyway, i've had my curve for about a year and updated the software to 4.5.0.81 about 4 months ago... i also got an 8g microsd card at the same time...

i gave my 8g card away (why, i don't know)... and shortly thereafter, my phone shuts off mid-call... it's so frustrating... only way to get it going again is to a battery pull and now most of the time that doesn't even work...

i thought it had something to do with the sd card not being there anymore, but i just got another 1g card and same thing seems to be happening...

i refuse to believe this could be a hardware issue...

any advice?

thanks.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sounds more like a bad battery than anything else. Try going into your local carriers store and see if they have one your can use to test you device. Then if it still does it look at software issues.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-28-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Do what I would do.... Get a new phone. That one is more than 3 months old.... :-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Trxtr75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Bad battery or sim. It happens

EronRackzak no está en línea Stack level 1
    That happened exactly that way to me. Bad battery after searching through different options. Tell us what happened after tryng that change

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    No SD card in there and it still shuts off? Besides the battery, try 4.5.0.110.

dacyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah I would try reloading the OS possibly update it and then do a battery pull
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks for all the replies...

my current os is 4.5.0.110...

i'm beginning to believe that it is a battery issue, as has been stated... i just took a picture with flash and it shut off again even though i had a fully charged battery according to the meter...

whew... thought i was going to have to cough up $600 on ebay for a new curve 8900 unlocked...

thanks again

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well if you decide to go pick up a battery post back if it fixes it or not and then if not we can go from there. Hope thats all it is .

fyi...

i put in a healthy battery from another blackberry and all is well... (for now)...

thanks for the replies.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hey guys, I've encountered this problem about 3 months ago, thought I resolved it but am now having the problem again. When it first happened my phone would shut off randomly and I would have to pull the battery. Only way it would remain on is if I had it plugged in. Called TMO, they sent me a new battery and all was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Same problems started happening. This time the phone gets all staticy when I would place calls which would then finally shut off and I could not get it back. Called them again, they are now sending me a brand new curve which I have no use for because I now have the Storm. haha. But its not the battery, it is the phone, for some reason the phone is draining the batteries.