I am a savvy blackberry user and I use memory cleaner constantly. I also keep ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Phone Freezes at random times

Advertisement

I am a savvy blackberry user and I use memory cleaner constantly. I also keep my sms and email inboxes very thin. I shut down applications when i'm not using them instead of leaving running in the background.

However I still see my device lagging. Every now and then it will lock up and stay frozen for anywhere btwn 1-3 minutes. I have put my phone through hell. I've dropped it numerous times and I'm thinking that the lag might be because of that.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Do you have a memory card in the device? If so, try removing it and use the phone for a little bit and see if you notice a difference. Sometimes, just removing the memory card, bringing the device back up, then pulling the battery, re-inserting the memory card fixes some of these issues.

You can also remove any unused apps, themes, etc. Did you see these problems before upgrading to .81?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    ask
    I will try pulling the memory card and using device without for a while to see if that is it. I didn't think to do that before.

I don't have any apps that I dont use on the phone. I hate lag, so i go out of my way to keep application bloat to a minimum.

Now that you mention .81, I dont think I had this issue before I installed .81

**anyhow I just removed the memory card, booted up, and it seems to be good. One issue I was having before was editing a contact information: when I would go to save it would hourglass me for 2 minutes. I just did the same thing, but it only took a split second to save.

My memory card is 2gb and only has 40mb free. Do you think that could be the culprit?
    Last edited by jfpannone; 11-07-2008 at 01:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Put the memory card back in now and see if the issue returns. If it does, I would delete some unused items from the memory card and check it again.

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    actually when i updated my 8310 to 4.5, it freezed like 10 minutes, and suddeny it came back on track. i found out that actually was an issue related to the microSD.
    try this...when it freezes, just leave it and right after it comes up on track, do a baterry pull. it may sound stupid, but i did that and ever since my 8310 never gets freezed
    BB 8310, SanDisk 8Gb MicroSDHC, Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphones and really weird music

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    What is memory cleaner? Is it something u can do from phone or like an app?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    What is memory cleaner? Is it something u can do from phone or like an app?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go into options/security options/memory cleaning and you can run it from your BB.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by genodelick View Post
    actually when i updated my 8310 to 4.5, it freezed like 10 minutes, and suddeny it came back on track. i found out that actually was an issue related to the microSD.
    try this...when it freezes, just leave it and right after it comes up on track, do a baterry pull. it may sound stupid, but i did that and ever since my 8310 never gets freezed
    Thanks for the info, I'll try, but I'm pretty sure (through testing in the last couple weeks) that the phone hardware may just be shot. I love messing with my BB, but there comes a point where I simply don't have the time to muck around anymore.

I think i'm going to just send it in and get a new one under the manufacturers warranty (start from scratch). I know the phones they send back are refurbs - i use to do it with my moto razr all the time, but does anyone have experience with recieving refurb blackberries from att under the 1 year warranty?

Any suggestions/info would be a help. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Go into options/security options/memory cleaning and you can run it from your BB.
    This is available in 4.5 now. Previous OS versions do not have this feature. You can hold down ALT and press L G L G and clear the event log and then go into your Browser configuration and clear your cache and cookies, etc. But you have to do it manually.

The memory cleaner in 4.5+ puts it all in one place and makes it much easier.

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    had the same problem too. It turned out to by the micro sd I was using. Once I replaced it and formatted it in the phone, the freezing stopped.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    This is available in 4.5 now. Previous OS versions do not have this feature.
    I have a 7100t running 4.1.0.377 and the memory cleaner is there.