My blackberry curve has suddenly started to click on things without me touching the phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GD_2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Phone automatically sending blank msgs and other weird things

Advertisement

My blackberry curve has suddenly started to click on things without me touching the phone and its very annoying. Also, when im sending txt messages that I am typing and they are not finished it will automatically send it out. Also when the phones locked it will light up when im not touching it. The trackball is clean underneath and everything I don't know what to do? Its also unlocked so if I do a master reset will the phone be unlocked anymore???

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Once you've unlocked a phone it can't be locked again, so you have no worries about locking it if you wipe it clean. It's hard to tell if this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

You can try to wipe it clean and install a fresh OS without restoring your backup up info. That would eliminate the software side if it's an issue. Then if it continues to act funny you can narrow it down to it being hardware related.

I'm just curious if anything happened to it lately? A drop or maybe some water? Also do you keep it in your pocket without a pouch?

What kind of apps do you have loaded also? Anything out of the ordinary?

Thanks for the info I appreciate it, I usually have it in my pocket without a case and when I clean it I spray windex on a cloth and wipe it. So when I do a backup using the BB desktop software is stores all my phone numbers so I dont lose them and stuff? Also, I havent really added anything new latley just different themes here and there.

Also could u provide a link to a fresh operating system for it thanks?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    If you backup it will store most everything. Contacts, Profile Settings, etc. Basically anything that involves any database the BB stores on itself.

There should be a thread stickied up top of this forum with a listing of the latest OS for your particular model.

ok thanks again

How exactly do u put a newer version of the OS on the blackberry after downloading the exe file?

PIN/ID
    STACK

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do you have a back up from before this problem started? The info in an older back up won't be perfectly up to date but it will save you from having to enter every contact and most of your calender events aswell
    Just thought I'd point that out before you start that whole long process

rupture no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20877F8A
    Quote Originally Posted by GD_2005 View Post
    My blackberry curve has suddenly started to click on things without me touching the phone and its very annoying. Also, when im sending txt messages that I am typing and they are not finished it will automatically send it out. Also when the phones locked it will light up when im not touching it. The trackball is clean underneath and everything I don't know what to do? Its also unlocked so if I do a master reset will the phone be unlocked anymore???
    This exact thing happened to me. I believe I accidentally got cleaning solution in the keys and it started to go wonky after that. Luckily it didn't hit any water mark indicators and I was able to return it to my carrier for a replacement.

yeah what do I do tho because I bought it off ebay??