Hi folks. Well I canceled the $15 PAM plan because I havent been taking my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

curvemomma no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone As Modem question

Advertisement

Hi folks. Well I canceled the $15 PAM plan because I havent been taking my laptop with me lately....the Berry has been just as useful...BUT the question I have is this:
    is there a way to use the berry with bluetooth and NOT pay for the $15 plan? I dont see why we have to pay extra. With Tmobile I didnt but of course their plan was higher. Any thoughts?
    Robin

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can always look in to Shark Modem. It's kind of expensive and only allows 5 open tcp connections at one time. The software creates a proxy on your computer and you must route all of your internet applications to use this proxy. When you want to use an ethernet/wifi connection, you then have to remove all of the proxy settings. Kind of a pain IMO.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Sorry, I have not heard of a way around this that works.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    the only way to get the device into modem mode is by the access manager software. then it dials into the network for authentication. if its now enabled on your account then it wont authorize, as far as i know there is no work around for this because it solely controlled by the carrier
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    I have managed to get my Sprint Curve to work with my Macbook Pro as a modem through Bluetooth without a Phone As Modem plan. I just paired it, used the SprintPCSVision modem script built into OSX and hit connect (#777, leaving the username and password blank). I did not expect it to work but it did. YMMV.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Maybe they'll look for it, maybe not.

Back in the days of dialup I often set up connections over telephone lines that hadn't been conditioned for digital use (which would have cost more). Since a local phone call costs the same whether it lasts 10 minutes or 10 hours, everything was peachy.

I never heard from any phone company about it

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    haha sneaky, but hey if can get away with it then go for it
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Becareful when using a blackberry as a modem it might work fine but you'll be hit with a tethering fee with no notice!