This has happened a few times in the three months I've had my VZ 8330...I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mantishevick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31017C0F

phanton deletions

Advertisement

This has happened a few times in the three months I've had my VZ 8330...I will occasionally notice that any messages I have left unsaved in the message list will disappear along with my entire call log history. I even noticed one time in the middle of the problem that when I was sent a text the message icon on my home screen would flash for a second and then disappear. Upon checking the list for that message I find it completely empty. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You might be out of onboard memory. If your device is well below its needed space for other things to run such as sms/call logs and such; they will disappear. How to resolve this issue? Maybe try deleting unnecessary third party applications that hog your memory. Try to clean your cache in your browser daily to minimize memory loss. If you have animated themes; they too will cause this and/or short battery life. Too many themes will also cause your device to run very slowly as well and delete those messages/emails/mms/phone call logs/etc... If you have music stored on your sim card and other things you're also causing yourself problems by pushing that thing to the max; try using a memory card for things like music/pictures/and yes even ringtones/videos. No themes can be stored on your memory card unfortunately which is why you must be careful which themes you download and how many. If you hit alt/shift/h it should tell you how much space you have left on your device. I've also noticed that if it's well below 10mbs things like this are bound to happen. Try to clean your phone and get rid of those unnecessary things. Good luck!

Here's a link to help you even further.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f77/how_t...ll_logs-22541/
    Last edited by raton; 01-09-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    31017C0F
    Very helpful. Thanks. Btw do you know anymore shortcuts like the alt H. And alt lglg?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Here is a link to the shortcuts page posted for our curves. (this is for tips and tricks including keyboard shortcuts)

http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/guide_to_blackberry_tips_and_tricks_complete-326/

Here's the complete guide for our curves:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/comprehensive_guide_to_the_8300_curve-35124/

Good luck .

I like the voicemail shortcut which is very convenient for me since I like to screen calls sometimes. Press "w" for a second or two and it'll dial to your voicemail
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    31017C0F
    Yes I like the voicemail shortcut, too. On my previous curve, however, I made the mistake of temporarily changing the speed dial for W to something else. When I tried to change it back it never included the 3 second pause and auto-entry of p/w. Its back since I got a new handheld though. I'm anxious to check out your links so thanks again.