Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yesterday afternoon it started. Made or received calls - when I said hello the person ... BlackBerry Curve forum

howaudio no está en línea Stack level 1

People can't hear me

Advertisement

Yesterday afternoon it started. Made or received calls - when I said hello the person on the other end couldn't hear me. Didn't drop it, didn't get it wet, nothing unusual happened. Any ideas?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    What carrier and model BB do you have? That can help a little more.

AT&T and it's the 8300.

Sorry - tired and frustrated.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by howaudio View Post
    Any ideas?
    Please take a few minutes to fill out your profile. This will tell us what model & what carrier we are dealing with. Otherwise we cannot help you.

How many times did this happen? Where you able to place any calls normally? (wap.pinstack.com)~

Since yesterday I've only been able to be heard twice out of probably 30 calls. I've had the phone for 19 months and this is the first time I've ever had any problems with it.

Sounds like its either a reception or a speaker problem.

Ok now I have the info I need to help you. Once in awhile it's not abnormal to experience this when placing or receiving a call. It's usually
    Network overload & you simply dial again and you get a good connection.
    However what you are describing is not normal. Nonetheless it's unlikely anything is wrong with your phone. Call AT&T from another phone so that you are not on yours. Describe the problem & they will check your phones provisioning. It's not unusual for it to get corrupted after as long as you've had your phone. They will reset it & everything will be fine. After they take care of it on their end, they may also walk you through a reset on your phone, which is why you must call from another line.

I use both AT&T & T-Mobile & have experienced it with both carriers. It's not them, just the nature of a cell system. Plus it's only happened once in 10 years with AT&T and after 6 yrs on T-Mobile.

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

T-Mobile walked me thru resetting the phone on their network after I described what happend via chat with 2 CSR's. Yet I am still having issues. Also said there was an outage with no ETR.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    T-Mobile walked me thru resetting the phone on their network after I described what happend via chat with 2 CSR's. Yet I am still having issues. Also said there was an outage with no ETR.
    Was this recently? Desribe what your chat problem was & what chat client you are using?
    My T-Mobile service has been fine. I'm unaware of the outage you mentioned. What state?

Yesterday morning at 11 AM Central (Houston, TX). I was on T-Mobile.com and clicked on the link to talk to a rep. It's only open during a set period of time.

My issue is I can't log onto AIM, GoogleTalk, MSN, or Yahoo. On Yahoo, I am getting a" Connection Error (65): Problem reeiving data from the server" error message. AIM, Google Talk, JiveTalk and MSN managed to connect just now when I turned my phone back on.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    My TMO is working fine here in Portland, OR. Erica, are you in Houston? I read that Houston is having some problems.

Another update: PinStack IRC chat won't load either. When I try to use the web, I get:

"You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result, the Browser cannot retrieve any Web pages. Please try again when you are in a different location, or contact your service provider if the problem persists."

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    My TMO is working fine here in Portland, OR. Erica, are you in Houston? I read that Houston is having some problems.
    Yes I am in Houston and I was the one who started that thread. Yet I don't know when it will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Yesterday morning at 11 AM Central (Houston, TX). I was on T-Mobile.com and clicked on the link to talk to a rep. It's only open during a set period of time.

My issue is I can't log onto AIM, GoogleTalk, MSN, or Yahoo. On Yahoo, I am getting a" Connection Error (65): Problem reeiving data from the server" error message. AIM, Google Talk, JiveTalk and MSN managed to connect just now when I turned my phone back on.
    I just checked your area & as you said there was an outage, as of this moment some of the servers are back online & others are not. My contact says they will all be up by about 8 AM your time. As far as Yahoo goes, I finally gave up on them. They continue to have unresolved long standing problems that are intermitant both with I'm & email.

(soon via: Bold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast