Being an avid hiker, I have been looking for a good case to keep my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Pelican 1010 micro case

Advertisement

Being an avid hiker, I have been looking for a good case to keep my Curve safe and secure in my backpack. Living in Washington (Seattle area) it has a tendency to rain a lot (average 40 inches a year) and I was also worried about keeping it dry.

[I had seen Pelican cases before, however for some reason I had never thought of looking into finding one that was the correct size for my Curve. Until today while shopping at REI for some Christmas presents. I stumbled across a display of pelican cases. My eyes automatically spotted the 1010 micro case and almost as if second nature my left hand grabbed the case while my right pulled my Curve from my inside pocket. And as if it was meant to be the two are almost a perfect pair.

My Curve is currently sporting a OEM blue rubber case and with that on the device it holds the Curve perfect in the Pelican case.

[Has any one else used one of these cases? If so pros/cons.

For those of you that may be unfamiliar with the cases, more info can be found at:
    http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1010

Photo of my device in the case.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Pelican 1010 micro case

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So is it just to keep it dry? Aren't there actual case that keeps it dry and you can access the device?

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So is it just to keep it dry? Aren't there actual case that keeps it dry and you can access the device?

Well yes, dry (waterproof) ans very shock resistnat, while hiking I never use my device, however like to have it just in case. So not being able to get to the keys does not matter to me.

I just want to ensure that if I drop my pack in the creek off the bridge, down a cliff...lol My BB will be safe

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

so if that clear door land on a pointed rock falling from 100ft, it wont break? also have u seen the otterbox cases? i think there called otterbox cases...

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

[quote=ajs3898;545022]so if that clear door land on a pointed rock falling from 100ft, it wont break? [quote]

nah, might crack IF anything.

im going to guess its made from polycarbonate. or even acrylic. both are very strong.

great case for a hiker/outdoorsmen IMO

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Look on the case lol it's made in Torrance, California. I live in Torrance!

I have a Pelican 1450 case for my Nikon D80 camera and lenses and will never regret it. Sure, I paid 70 bucks for it but damn, these cases are built to last. High-density crush-proof plastic with an O-ring seal, floats with 30 pounds of gear (max), and an automatic pressure release valve for riding on airplanes.

Pelican also has a lifetime, unconditional guarantee (except for Shark bites and Bear attacks). If anything goes wrong with it, ever, they will replace or repair it.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ajs3898 View Post
    so if that clear door land on a pointed rock falling from 100ft, it wont break? also have u seen the otterbox cases? i think there called otterbox cases...
    Even though it's a clear door, it's super strong. Pelican cases are what people use for their video cameras in wet, rough conditions. They use them on the boats while filming Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel, and Les Stroud uses them for his gear with his show Survivorman. They are excellent cases, including the small ones.

If I had a 1010 case, I would put a small layer of foam under and on top of the phone inside the case, so it doesn't rattle. With foam, I would have no issue with seeing it fall off a cliff and land on rocks. Would suck because I would have to go down to get it but I am confident that the phone would be fine. The case might get cracked, but the phone will survive.

My 1450 case has in fact had a nasty fall. I went up on the roof to take pictures of Christmas lights, and the case (thank GOD was closed and latched still) slid and fell off the roof, 25 feet onto concrete. Just a scratch. No cracks or dents, no damaged equipment. After that, I swear by Pelican cases.

bill-lindley no está en línea Stack level 1

I recieved my Otterbox case for my T-mobile Curve in Otter Box's initial shipment. The only place fluid can get into the inner workings of the phone it seems is thru the one hole in the membrane that allows use of the trackball. I have intentionally dropped the phone from eye level with no damage to the case or the phone. I'll buy Otterbox products again.