I have been using the Pearl for about 10 months now and think it is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bfournier no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl to Curve convert

Advertisement

I have been using the Pearl for about 10 months now and think it is the best multi-purpose (email/phone/media) device I have ever had. That being said...I use the pearl for coporate email access daily. Although the SureType has treated me well I think I have an increased need for a full keyboard. After feeling the Curve, I bought it online. It is a nice comprimise of size compared to the full size BB.

For those who have made the switch, what can I expect to lose from the Pearl to curve conversion and what do I stand to gain?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl to Curve convert

u dont lose anythinmg really. You will gain a whole lot> better media experience, camera and keyboard.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

gtox no está en línea Stack level 2

the only thing I noticed was a size change minimal at best but if you put the curve in your pocket it is a bit bigger than the pearl. But the full size keyboard makes up for the difference. The pearl finally failed me when I couldn't type a street name in TELENAV because of a malfunctioning suretype. I switched to the curve and will not go back.

I have come to love my curve

Thanks. Does the Curve come with a spellcheck or are most using BBCorrector?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by bfournier
    Thanks. Does the Curve come with a spellcheck or are most using BBCorrector?
    It does come with spell chk. But it doesn't chk spellings as u type.u can run the spell chk after u type the message.it treats the words in ur custom wordlist as regular words.

it sounds like the spell check works like the Pearl's...I believe BBCorrector hits a server to check spelling. Does the curve just hit you rcustom list or is the an on-board english dictinary?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB Curve~ there must be some type of dictionary on board... But u also can easily add commonly used words or abbreviations to the list as the spell check is running...