I am getting a Curve early to middle of next week from VZW. A customer ... BlackBerry Curve forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl to Curve

Advertisement

I am getting a Curve early to middle of next week from VZW. A customer service exchange as it were. I was wondering what the biggest difference between the two are, aside from the obvious keyboard. Is there more available memory, are there memory leak issues like there is with the pearl? Anything that may throw me for a loop?

Thanks for the help,
    FIREGEEK
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

PIN/ID
    AskMe

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I went from the Pearl to the Curve also. The Curve seems more stable to me and really there aren't many differences aside from the keyboard. I have never regretted switching to the Curve.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The memory on the Curve is by far better than the Pearl. From my own experience as far as leaks I haven't experienced any at all that I have noticed since getting mine the day of release. The full keyboard is awesome and for my use my Curve compared to my wifes pearl is tops hands down.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was having huge memory problems and call problems. On my 3rd pearl and pretty much told VZW they can have their service because I was going elsewhere. They called me back and told me they were sending curve. Good CSR. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    The memory on the Curve is by far better than the Pearl. From my own experience as far as leaks I haven't experienced any at all that I have noticed since getting mine the day of release. The full keyboard is awesome and for my use my Curve compared to my wifes pearl is tops hands down.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have to agree with Cowboy, I have both and I must say while I like some of the Pearls features, the Curve IMO is a far superior device-no offense all you die hard Pearl users. Its all a matter of preference.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i have had a pearl and bought a curve for my son and got to play with it a bit. IMO the curve is a better overall phone but the pearls build quality is much better. the pearl is solid...the curve feels like it is not as solid.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i have had a pearl and bought a curve for my son and got to play with it a bit. IMO the curve is a better overall phone but the pearls build quality is much better. the pearl is solid...the curve feels like it is not as solid.
    I have to agree. Same facts but it is my daughter with the curve and me having a pearl. I like the better screen on the curve, and suretype is a pain once in a while on the pearl.- like when I type see as in "see you soon" but it comes out "are you soon" (did it twice during this typing!) but overall the pearl feels more solid and I like the size in my hand and in my purse pocket.