do oyu have to pay for t-zones? today, well the last 3 days my tzones ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

paying for t-zones?

Advertisement

do oyu have to pay for t-zones?

today, well the last 3 days my tzones quit working as well as my ability to get mms messages. i had been paying for tzones cuz the rep told me i had to. well i called about the tzones not working, as well as the mms and the blackberry tech said i do not need tzones cuz of the addon that blackberry came out with a few months ago to allow people to send mms messages for free.

i just want to know, with tzones gone now, will i be charged for tzones or does it come free with blackberries? i tend to go to espn off of tzones a lot and i want to make sure i am not going to get raped with charges. i want to make sure i dont need it. i have no problem with paying 6 bucks a month for it, he just insisted that i dont need it. he says its free.

has anyone else delt with this before?
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: paying for t-zones?

I use the BB data and surf where I want without added fees. If you have the BB data plan it should not be necessary to also pay for the tzones. Sounds like the rep that set you up on your account just wanted the spif for the extra add on.

i do not have the data plan. just the add on to allow mms messages

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Since you have no data plan then you should be charged for data usage for the tzones, unless of course you are on wi-fi as I see that you have an 8320, then you should be able to surf for free without problem (just remember that if you are surfing and the wi-fi drops it will default to GPRS and you will be charged.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Going to T-Zones itself doesn't incur any extra charges (they want you to be able to get there to spend extra money on ringtones, backgrounds, etc....). Going to an outside link from T-Zones may incur charges. The big question is whether you actually ever leave T-Zones to read your ESPN info or if all the info is still embedded in T-Zones.

Zo

david_p no está en línea Stack level 1

I work for T-Mobile in the BB dept and if you have the BB add on the BIS or BES there is no need for t-zones unless you are wanting to get rintones or wallpapers and stuff then it will tell you before it charges you. if you do not have the BIS or BES add on there is a free feature that allows you to get on t-zone and MMS on your device. either way with a BB you should NOT be paying for t-zones that is only for regular handsets that want extra feture such as looking up movie times and a few other extras. its honestly not worth EVER paying for t-zones

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

I was told in order for mms messages to work, Tzones has to be working

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

why not just get the ESPN launcher for BB for free

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I was told in order for mms messages to work, Tzones has to be working
    You do but it is a free add-on to any T-mobile account.

As for the ESPN launcher, that requires a data plan to use which he stated he didn't have.

Zo

i talked to customer service again, and i have full tzones for free cuz of the way blackberry is. i can go pretty much anywhere in tzones(even outside links) and it will be fine with no chanrges. just a heads up for others

RiSKeY no está en línea Stack level 2

mines was working for a lil while but its doesnt work no more. like yahoo.sech ... but i was on web useing zone ...but the thing is that i dont dont the data plan.. .. but i was l0oking at site using t-zone.. ..anyone know about dis ..???

tmobile put a block on a lot of html sites in tzones to try and stop people from going to outside sites with their browser. thats why you could before, but might now be having difficulty in getting there now. at least thats what the rep said