Hi, Hope someone can help me. I run BES 3.6 for our company. Alls well. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ittim no está en línea Stack level 1

PAYG 8310 not working with BES 3.6

Advertisement

Hi, Hope someone can help me. I run BES 3.6 for our company. Alls well. However recently one of our guys lost his blackberry and purchased what he referred to as an unlocked Blackberry 8310. (apparently it was a Pay as you go model)

Now with the sim card in i can make calls and I can use wap services etc but i cannot get the email to work through our BES server.

I tested the Sim on an old device and it works fine.

Can any one make any sugestions on what the cause may be?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Does this device even activate? Is this BlackBerry provisioned by your carrier for BES use?

well this is possibly the problem, with BES 3.6 i cannot do wireless activation but as i understand it i should be able to using the cable and Desktop Manager. I suspect this isn't working. How do i find out if its been provisioned for BES use?

I have no info about the BB all I have is the device.

PIN/ID
    So let me get this straight, you activated via cable and it activated fine. This should ALWAYS work. I'm guessing the device isn't provisioned for BES use, please phone your carrier and ensure that you are provisioned for BES use, try re-registering your HRT, and re-send service books

well i can only assume it has activated it via the cable. there no longer seems to be any activation options under the security settings.

Since the device was purchased from ebay i assume my carrier (vodafone) will not know if the device is provisioned or not?

I'm not sure about HRT and service books. What would i need to do.

Thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    First of all Enterprise Activation is not located under security it is located under Options>Advanced>Enterprise Activation. It should say here if it is activated or not. Provisioning isn't something that had to be done before, basically it is something that needs to be added onto your account for the phone. Phone vodafone and ask them if this account for this phone is enabled for BES.

To re-register HRT(Host Routing table) go into Options>Advanced>Host Routing Table click the menu key and register now. You should then getting a message saying that the device has been registered. Service Books can be resent via logging into BIS.

hi, yes sorry got the location wrong for the enterprise activation. When the phone is wiped and activation option is present. when connected via cable it goes away. so i guess activation was sucsesfull.

done as you have sugested and it still fails so looks like a call to vodafone is my next step.

Thanks for your help.