Help !!!! i was trying to connect my BB to desktop manager and i tried ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JordanDawg05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Password 10th attempt

Advertisement

Help !!!!
    i was trying to connect my BB to desktop manager and i tried using my pw i usually type when i access my BB and i am on my 10th attept. it says it'll errase my data and reset if i don't get it right. Why is this happening and what do i need to do so it won't errase my data???
    i got the 8310...

Thanks!

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

Re: Password 10th attempt

You have to put in the correct password. If it is entered wrong a number of times it WILL erase everything. You COULD try to backup the device, but often times it may ask for the password to connect to the phone like in your situation. In your situation you might have to look into considering you might get everything erased. sorry I cant be more help, but the security is pretty tight, and in most instances thats a good thing.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

its just wierd cause i know the pw i put in, something happened when i tried to connect it to desktop manager....i had a backup from my previous BB so i might have to start up again anyways, i had bought the phone last week.....

PIN/ID

Nothing you can do about this. You either input the right password or the device will be erased. This could be attributed to a modified IT policy where the password length has been shortened but the rest of device is not aware of that. This is the case for me, I installed an IT policy that accepts passwords.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

Sorry I got cut off. So my new IT policy accepts passwords as short as 3 characters. But entering such a password and then locking the device will eventually cause a device wipe because it wouldn't accept the 3 character password. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Lots of users can get confused when using numbers, symbols or caps for their security password on the Blackberry. Somebody may press 1, 2, 3, 4 on the Blackberry, but never used the ALT key. In their mind, they are pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, but in actuality, they are pressing w, e, r, s.

When they type thier password on the computer to access Desktop Manager, they are entering the wrong password.

You should be able to enter your correct password into the Blackberry device, and unlock it. Are you unable to do this? Or did I miss something?

Good Luck.

ehhh it locked me out and errased it all lol booo , i had an older backup so took it and i added few things manually since i know few addys and numbers changed, re synced and backed....the weird thing is now on my outlook it doesn't shwo the people that have numbers only and not an emai address but thast fine i'll play with it sometimes later but at least got everything restored .

thanks for the help guys !

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich View Post
    You should be able to enter your correct password into the Blackberry device, and unlock it. Are you unable to do this? Or did I miss something?

Good Luck.
    No you didn't miss anything. Because I modified the IT Policy's password length, if enter a password or only 3 characters, which is typically NOT allowed without the modified IT policy, I am UNABLE to unlock the device. This is my own fault but the modified IT Policy install was necessary to get rid of some left over BES locks. So I provided my example as a possible explanation to the OP to why he couldn't unlock his device