hi i'm curious about how these two things are working in my brothers phone and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bull12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Partial internet and GV app

Advertisement

hi i'm curious about how these two things are working in my brothers phone and we both have same plans and same phones. he is able to search the net from the blackberry browser and he is able to use his google voice app with out data plan. i went through every option on both of the phones and they are exact same and those things won't work in my phone. anyone has any ideas???? and i'm not complaining that it is working just want my phone to be able to do that. thanx

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Is he using a Wi-Fi connection or is he able to do this from anywhere?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

no he isn't using Wi-Fi. i checked that first. he can do that from any where. thanx for reaply.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    So neither of you have data plans, but he is able to browse the net on the device and you cannot? I would say he's going to incur data charges, but it doesn't explain why you cannot. Did you both just buy these phones or did he have a data plan on it at one time? The only thing I can assume if he doesn't have a data plan and is able to browse the net, is that it's a fluke on the carrier's end. Or that he's going to receive a nice bill for data charges.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Thanx for replying mstrawder. We both had these phones for more then a year and we never had data plan on either phones. We checked the bill online it shows no additional charges on the bill. I don't know how its working but its working.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100