Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i heard today that this papa bear 8330 is being released through verizon wireless on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Papa bear? vzw? june 1st?

Advertisement

i heard today that this papa bear 8330 is being released through verizon wireless on june 1st, same day as this iphone. im not sure this is 100% true. can anyone confirm or deny. its going to have wi-fi,gps,2mp cam. thats for sure. BOY GENIUS. if you see this, is it true. and how would this person know before BG does.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Papa bear? vzw? june 1st?

No its not.....Verizon will be more around the lines of 8800 series phone vs a 8300 series.....

PIN/ID
    ask me

well theres 3 versions on this 8300 series. one going to cingular. ones going to tmobile. verizon has a huge media lovers base customers. where else would this other 8300 go? im lost here and dying to know some facts....

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

No one knows which one is going to who.... Pure speculation..... No one has a evaluation unit or any kind of beta(papa bear) for a certain carrier yet..... The other 8300 could go to any other country with Gsm..... Every Rim device isnt sold in just North America....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I doubt that Verizon would move that fast (and not significantly cripple any new BB) but I guess we'll see... So far, BG hasn't reported on any non-GSM 83XX devices.

PIN/ID
    ask me

ok spoke to a verizon insider. for fact. they are getting a version of the 8800. not sure on the 8300. i guess well have to wait and see what happens. hopefully they get both.. id jump ship to verizon for the 8300 sell my 8800 and pearl and have for once in my life an all in one device.

McQueen no está en línea Stack level 2

I spoke with my Verizon Reps and And RIM rep on the verizon business unit last week, and I repeatedly asked them if they had anything like the 8300 or 8100 coming out, and they said no. Their version of the 8800 'The Cyclone' is due out in June, This is their Global phone with CDMA and GSM capability

myBBest2003 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by McQueen
    I spoke with my Verizon Reps and And RIM rep on the verizon business unit last week, and I repeatedly asked them if they had anything like the 8300 or 8100 coming out, and they said no. Their version of the 8800 'The Cyclone' is due out in June, This is their Global phone with CDMA and GSM capability
    With the recent news of VZN getting the 8100 next month (obviously these VZN reps have great poker faces...), is it possible that Papa Bear (83XX) is heading to VZN? It just looks heck of a lot more possible now. You know the 8320 is heading to TMO and ATT is getting the 8300. Normally, you'd think maybe a year from now, but if they are going to release a version of the 8800, well it's only been a couple of months since the 8800's have been out. It certainly hasn't been a year. Maybe it has something to do with the CDMA/GSM dual capabilities? Can anyone shed some light?

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by myBBest2003
    With the recent news of VZN getting the 8100 next month (obviously these VZN reps have great poker faces...), is it possible that Papa Bear (83XX) is heading to VZN? It just looks heck of a lot more possible now. You know the 8320 is heading to TMO and ATT is getting the 8300. Normally, you'd think maybe a year from now, but if they are going to release a version of the 8800, well it's only been a couple of months since the 8800's have been out. It certainly hasn't been a year. Maybe it has something to do with the CDMA/GSM dual capabilities? Can anyone shed some light?
    Yea if it vzn has a GSM network now.......

BB caters to the GSM world first then cdma.... The papa bear could be going to a provider anywhere in the world.....

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

tdawg hit it right on the head. We tend to think we are the only country in the world that has a GSM network. Check the list of providers at rim's website. TIM, O2, Voda, etc. that 83xx could go anywhere and last on the list is Verizon.

there's a pecking order for RIM:

business > consumer
    gsm > cdma

verizon users should be happy that the pearl is coming and possibility for the 8800 soon. Verizon isn't pushing very hard to get the timetable stepped up or talking to RIM about an exclusive release (or even a first release) and are pretty focused on the toy phones and putting out 12 different shades of them. I don't see them in the near future changing their attitude (you can see this from the latest phones and their exclusive deal with youtube *which rim doesn't support*).

They are the largest CDMA network and their attitude is very much "us or gsm. take your choice and live with it." If you really want the latest blackberries, you need to change networks.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'll sit back and wait to see waht developes. I'm satisfied with my 8703e, but come August I will be eligible for a discounted upgrade...so, if the newer 88's have hit the shelves by then...I may jump on one of them.

franchise101 no está en línea Stack level 2

i hate verizon, what about cingular, r they gonna get the new phone?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by franchise101
    i hate verizon, what about cingular, r they gonna get the new phone?
    yup, they will be getting the 8300. gsm providers get the RIM toys first. =0)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    there's a pecking order for RIM:

business > consumer
    gsm > cdma
    Handy rule of thumb but the first released 8XXX series device was the 8100, a "consumer" device.

I seem to recall that the first of the Bluetooth 7XXX devices released was the 7100t as well... Also intended as a more consumer-oriented device.

Dalton no está en línea Stack level 2

Now that we are pretty sure that the 8830 will be the next one out on VZW after the Pearl comes out in May, are there any more talks of a 83xx coming in the near future? I am desperatley needing a new BB, and the 83xx sounds like the best of both worlds (Pearl & 8830). I like qwerty and a camera would be nice. If not, I will have to decide between the 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast