Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK so I've decided that today I am going to spray paint my 8300 into ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

Painting blackberry curve

Advertisement

OK so I've decided that today I am going to spray paint my 8300 into either a carbon or black color or a midnight blue if I can find it at the store.

My question to anyone out there is. I know I need a T5, hobby knife, masking tape, sandpaper, and then spray paint for plastics.

Is there any specific spray paint for plastics I need plus clear coat? Or where would I even get something like this?

Same with the sandpaper, can I use any sandpaper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and after I finished I wouldn't mind taking pictures for everyone to look at!

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Painting blackberry curve

I have heard on here that fusion paint works great and use 1200 grit sandpaper. Make sure that you do thin coats and make sure that the paint has flashed before apply you apply the next coat (flashing - you can tell when it has flashed when it goes from a wet look to a sharp matt finish look. If I had to guess that would be with 5 to 8 minutes. Then another coat. And yes to finish use a clear over it. Remember the fewer coats alone with thin coats will make not chip as easy. Also if you have a lamp that puts off some decent heat I would but your parts to dry under neath that over night.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

To be honest with you. I bet a scotch brite pad would work. Oh also make sure you wipe it down with mineral spirits to get all grease off from your paws and use a tackcloth on it after that. Ask them at the auto parts store. They will know what I am talking about.

cfrench thanks a bunch! I found Krylon Fusion aerosol paint at this fabric store near me, just need to find a good color to do it. They have 3M sandpaper there for sale, but I don't know if it's 1200 grit sandpaper. Can I get that pretty much anywhere? Also, for the clear coat over it, where do I buy clear coat for plastics?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You should go to an auto parts store and ask what is good for plastics. Its gotta be paint\clear that can flex a little. I would advise just going and asking questions.

Do you really think scotch brite would work because I was just looking around my house and found some of my dads scotch brite pads 2 different ones. So if that would work it would save me some money. You think that would work?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I would bet it would as long as it is all ruffed up with out actual grooves in it that will show threw the paint.

OK I just threw my 2nd layer of black paint down on it. It's outside drying for about 30-45 mins and then I am going to hit it with the clear layer. Looks sharp already and it's not even on the phone!

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Oh man Im scared for you, I cant wait to see how it turns out! All the best of luck!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    yeah I read this already. Got all the same tools. This is what made me want to paint mine black. Just threw down another black coating. 20-30 mins and then a clear coat and then to let it dry.

PIN/ID

I just found that and was going to post that as well!!! Hayden.... you know your forum to well!!!
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB2005 View Post
    yeah I read this already. Got all the same tools. This is what made me want to paint mine black. Just threw down another black coating. 20-30 mins and then a clear coat and then to let it dry.

Are you doing step by step photos too?
    Last edited by benthabits; 01-06-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged.

yeah I am doing the step by step photos. It's just playing the waiting game now.

PIN/ID

Excellent! I cant wait to see it!!

to even make it better. For the clear finish. I got a semi-transparent clear finish. So like when a bright light reflects off of it it'll shine even more. Plus I bought a full body skin from BSE and I am going to put that over so the paint doesn't chip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast