Since August 1st I've been synching my 8300 with my Outlook 2000 using the USB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Outrageous: Tethering Plan required to synch with Outlook?

Advertisement

Since August 1st I've been synching my 8300 with my Outlook 2000 using the USB cable.

Now AT&T tells me that to continue to do that I need a "tethering" plan, whatever that is, and that it would cost me an extra $30/month.

I think that is outrageous.

Are they trying to pull a fast one on me, or is this a known policy and limitation that just wasn't revealed to me by the salesman?

Note: I do NOT want to use the BB as a modem for my laptop; I just want to synch the BB with Outlook, and download ripped music to the BB.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Outrageous: Tethering Plan required to synch with Outlook?

I am not sure why they are stating this. Is your BB no longer synching with your Outlook? I do not have a tethering plan but I do have a data plan (but it states w/o tethering) and have zero issues synching my bb with my outlook.

What happens when you connect your bb to your usb cable now? Does it synch or give you some kind of error?

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Whatever CSR you spoke with is certainly confused. There is no additional charge for simply synching with Outlook on your computer.

Are you having troubles synching now?

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's why I like tmobile. You pay the 20 bucks a month and they include everything.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs3898
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's why I like tmobile. You pay the 20 bucks a month and they include everything.
    That's why I SWITCHED to TMO

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

the csr you spoke to was confused...you DO NOT need to pay for anything extra to have your bb sync with outlook...check back to your original thread you posted ... someone posted a fix for it

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Outrageous: Tethering Plan required to synch with Outlook?

I thought that "tethering" was when you used your BB as a wireless modem for a laptop (or whatever). I did not recall seeing that term when I signed up for the BB service in the end of July. I have become convinced that the Second Level Customer Service Representative I spoke with was totally confused. I just want to use the supplied USB cable to synch my Outlook with my 8300's calendar. This involves no wireless activity, and requires no resources from AT&T.

I have posted on my original thread a course of action that I plan to take next.

I have become convinced that (a) syncing with Outlook is a perfectly normal practice within the normal service agreement that I have with AT&T (b) the CSR just didn't understand the issue (c) My Outlook DB is flawed and I'm gonna try to fix it.

I'll post results on the original thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...em_8300_a.html

My thanks (?) to AT&T for the confusion.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

yea ur right, thats what it means, the csr just wanted u to spend more money, thinking u were like the other clueless 90% of the general public.