Has anyone gotten Outlook 2007, with Outlook Connector (for Hotmail Account) working so that Device ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Outlook with Outlook Connector and DM 4.3??

Advertisement

Has anyone gotten Outlook 2007, with Outlook Connector (for Hotmail Account) working so that Device Manager 4.3 will Synchronize the Address Book (or any application for that matter)??

I am running into an issue and getting an error and am wondering if it is because I am using Outlook to run my Hotmail.

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Outlook with Outlook Connector and DM 4.3??

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbricks View Post
    Has anyone gotten Outlook 2007, with Outlook Connector (for Hotmail Account) working so that Device Manager 4.3 will Synchronize the Address Book (or any application for that matter)??

I am running into an issue and getting an error and am wondering if it is because I am using Outlook to run my Hotmail.
    The only way I could get this to work was configure a regular outlook account, and use that address book. For some reason DM wouldn't pick up the Hotmail one probably because it is hosted in the net and not a file.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Outlook with Outlook Connector and DM 4.3??

DM Probably isn't going to sync with the Outlook Connector. You would need to have the contacts in a PST file on the computer or on an Exchange server for it to synchronize properly.

spyglassuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Agreed, Desktop Manager doesn't recognise the folder tree created by Outlook Connector so one cannot synch Blackberry directly with a paid Windows Live Hotmail or Office Live account (calendar, address book, notes and tasks). This is a real shame as if it wasn't for this problem one could have unified synchronisation of webmail, Outlook and Blackberry - it would be nearly as good as Exchange.

I'm using Outlook 2003, Outlook Connector 4 and Blackberry DM 4.5.

spyglassuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    FYI: I can get as far as clicking on the Outlook Connector folder tree in DM but if you try to expand this tree it gives the error message:

"[FONT=Arial]Folder is a leaf folder. Cannot retrieve children.[/FONT]"

A follow-on problem from this (not Blackberry related) is that if you want to use the Outlook Connector account calendar as your main calendar, you won't see any reminders pop up, as Outlook only supports reminders in your default local calendar.