I have encountered an Outlook Synch Problem that I could use some help on. BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Outlook Synch Problem

Advertisement

I have encountered an Outlook Synch Problem that I could use some help on. BB is an 8300 with latest OS - 4.22.146 - installed. DM is version 4.22.12. I am on BIS.

I synch the BB with two computers, desktop and laptop. When I change a calendar or address item in the Laptop, it updates the BB, but when I then synch with the desktop the changed items are not updated from the BB to the desktop. Similary when I change an item on desktop, change is applied to BB but when I then synch with the laptop items changed are not updated.

Synching for new items has no problem.

Thanks

emerson no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Outlook Synch Problem

I have a similar problem. I was going through my contact list deleting obsolete and duplicate entries. It doesn't seem to matter if I perform the action on the BB or the pc, when I sync it won't transfer the changes and I end up right where I started. Any suggestions? Thanks.

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the same problems in syncing bb with two diff computers.
    It syncs all the new entries but not if i alter an existing entry like add or change a phone no in an existing contact.

Every week I delete all entries in outlook and add them back thru bb. But i didnt have this problem when i was using pocket pc as it showed in sync log that diff computers are being synced.

I think bb sync software cant distinguish between diff computers. If an entry has been updated it never checks it again for any differences.

RIM should do something about it for BIS users.

Thanks, Its good to know I'm not alone - still no solution though ?

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

your settings likely need to be checked on your dm.

when synchronizing you must make sure that the settings are appropriately set given the task, either importing, exporting, or synchronization.

go to synchronization>configuration>configure synch>click the app>click choose>configure from there.

you may also want to go into the advanced settings to configure whether or not the handheld, desktop, or to ask you which wins.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 09-15-2007 at 09:50 AM.

littleacorn :

Thanks for your suggestion.

All DM settings appear to be right on each computer for each application - set to Synch in all cases, set to ask on conflicts (advanced settings).

Gone thru all the settings for the zillionth time....
    There r all ok

BB is not meant to sync with 2 diff computers...

drchavezgo no está en línea Stack level 1

That is weird, cuz I use to use desktop mgr. on my desktop with a Blkberry Pearl 8100 at&t. No problems. I installed the latest version of this software for my 8300 Curve on my laptop, along with the older version of software. I've taken some training with Blackberry reps, and this quandry never came up. But i can easily switch back and forth from the 8100 to the 8300 on my laptop and desktop, with no known problems. The latest(newest) software is retrograde. The only thing I had to make sure I didn't attempt to restore to my Curve from my Pearl, was the " ColorPearl " and themes.

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

Have you guys tried using Plaxo? I sync my bb on my laptop at home, but by using Plaxo I'm able to have my schedule, contacts, and everything on Outlook on my work computer also. I do my main syncing to my bb at home, and any changes I make to my Outlook at work, will show on my Outlook at home--then I sync to bb.

Good luck!

Not aware of plaxo.
    Ill give it a try.
    Thanx