I had to cancel phone service (low funds) and move to a pay as you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

war_child no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook Sync question (no internet access)

Advertisement

I had to cancel phone service (low funds) and move to a pay as you go service. I purchased a pay as you go phone then moved the chip to my BB and phone service works great.

I would like to sync up my phone with my outlook 2007 via the USB cable (no internet). I installed the Desktop Manager but could not find any option to sync up folders etc...

Am I totally missing it?

Thanks for your time in advanced.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    war_child,

You don't need internet access to sync your device with Outlook. Which version of Desktop Manager did you install?

Do you have the e-mail address you're trying to sync with on your BlackBerry as well? Sounds like you don't have a data plan, which you'll need to push that e-mail to your device. You'll also need that e-mail on your device in order for the sync to work.

Once we get these questions answered we can move forward.

Regards,
    Roger

Thanks for the response, I downloaded the latest version which was the 4.70.

* Desktop Manger Version 4.70
    * I am not trying to sync my email to my BB just my calendar

You can't sync e-mail with Desktop Manager anyway, only contacts and calendar items (memos and tasks, too).

You will still need to have the same e-mail address on your device that you have in Outlook in order to sync the calendar and to have that e-mail address on your device you need a data plan to utilize BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). BIS is where you can set up e-mail addresses you have to push to your device.

Thanks a bunch for the help and confirming I could in fact sync outlook etc...

The issue was my work internet proxy, whenever I hit the sync the desktop manager wanted to connect to the internet (first time only). Once I by passed our proxy everything worked perfect.

Cool, glad you got it figured out.

Snoski00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue where I don't have internet activated on my phone. How can i sync calendar and contacts between the two? It doesn't seem to be working. HOw did you end up doing it??

Sno, do you have Desktop Manager on your PC? I'd recommend version 4.6 which you'll find a link for in th FAQ link in my signature.

Once you have that, go into Options>Advanced Options>Default Services on your device and make sure the e-mail address is the one you're wanting to sync with Outlook.

Connect your device to the PC, launch Desktop Manager and make sure your synchronization configuration is set up to sync with Outlook. If it is, you're good to go, otherwise you'll need to set up that configuration within Desktop Manager, which you'll see on the lefthand side.....there's a link for configuration.

Please post back if you have more questions.

Roger