So most of you know I have both an iPhone and a Curve, both of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Question Outlook question(s)

Advertisement

So most of you know I have both an iPhone and a Curve, both of which sync up to outlook. However, I also have 2 computers (A desktop and a laptop) which both have DM and Outlook on them.

Currently I am using my desktop to sync my iPhone and my laptop to sync with my Curve. I have a few questions.

1. Can all of the things in Outlook (Contacts, Calender events, Tasks, etc) be saved into a single file to be backed up?

2. Where are "contact" pictures saved? For example, I took a picture on my phone and set it up as a contact caller ID. I synced it with Outlook and now the picture is saved in outlook also. Is there an actual photo file saved somewhere on my computer, or is it just a "ghost" file, or visual file only seen in Outlook?

3. Is it smart to sync 2 different phones to one Outlook? How would it work? For instance, if I changed something on phone1 and sync it, it would change the information in Outlook too. If I then synced phone2 with Outlook, which would change? Would phone2 change since the Outlook information is the most recent?

I think I saw a thread asking something along these lines before, but I can't seem to find it now. Any help would be appreciated!

maximinus058 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    240bc45e

Re: Outlook question(s)

Hey ssnxp!

1. Contacts, calandar events, tasks, notes, ect can be backed up in .PST format with outlook.
    look her for MS's how too: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829971
    2. contact pictures, i'm not sure but i think may be saved on the phone itself.. In my personal experience, anytime i've wiped my 8300 or had it replaced, i've lost my picture contacts. I dont beleive these are transferable.
    3.Syncing two different phones to outlook is ok but may cause problems in formatting in your contacts.
    best bet is to probably create a new user profile in outlook, 1 for iphone and 1 for BB in your case, and sync to each profile seperately. its a couple of extra steps but will give a good backup for each phone.
    here's a walkthru on that. http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/default.asp?id=904

hopefully that answers your questions.
    Last edited by maximinus058; 02-06-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: url insert.

Awesome links, thank you!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i sync 2 BBs with outlook and as long as you have the sync set to mirror the data between the device and outlook it will ony change your formatting a little but that is easy enough to clean up. It may take a few syncs to make sure that the data is the same on both devices but it isn't too bad. I do this so that the wife and I have the same info otherwise we will never know who is where at what time (schedules are hectic), but if you need seperate calendars you may not want to try and mirror them and just create seperate profiles as was already suggested.

I don't need seperate calenders, I would love it if they could reflect the same schedule. Also, when I created the .pst file, it was completely blank. Hmm..

maximinus058 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    240bc45e

if the pst file was blank then you possibly choose the wrong calandar file.
    or your syncing to a different calandar.
    when you go to export the pst, which calandar are you choosing?

I have no idea, I only have one calender. It didn't give me any options to choose a calender.