I am having a problem with my Outlook Inbox. I'm running BES (more specifically, Blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbisset no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook Inbox being marked as read BEFORE I read messages?

Advertisement

I am having a problem with my Outlook Inbox. I'm running BES (more specifically, Blackberry Professional Server) and am having a problem with messages send to my Outlook Inbox being marked as already read. I have not read them on my BB yet so there is no reason for this happening as far as I can tell. The strange thing is that it does not seem to happen to my subfolders, only my inbox.

Any suggestions??

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    If they are being marked as read on your inbox in outlook before they get to your device then the BlackBerry Professional Software would not have any affect on that. There is something else, either a setting in your outlook client somewhere or on the exchange server that is causing this.

To clarify, the messages come to my device as unread (which is how they are supposed to come). The problem is that they are showing up in my Outlook Inbox (and JUST the inbox, not the subfolders) as read even if I have not read them on the BB. Do you still think its an Outlook or exchange setting? Thanks.

Are the messages coming to the device first or outlook first?

Ok, I've done a little more investigating. Email messages arrive in my Outlook inbox first, marked as unread. A few seconds later they arrive in my BB. After about 3-5 minutes the Outlook message gets market as read automatically without me having read them on either my BB or in Outlook. (which I obviously don't want).

Have you tried removing the users account from the BES and then testing it to see if it is the BES causing the issue or not. If the issue occurs when the user is not setup on the BES then it would not be an issue caused by the BES obviously.