Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a step by step on how to sync with DM? Thanks... BlackBerry Curve forum

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

Outlook

Advertisement

Is there a step by step on how to sync with DM? Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sarge,

It's really pretty straightforward.

First things first, you'll want to make sure your defaults on the device are the same as what you want to sync with Outlook. Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Make sure the CICAL and CMIME addresses are the same as what you have set up in Outlook.

If you don't have Desktop Manager, you'll find a thread in the link in my signature to download it straight from RIM. I'd recommend the 4.6 version withOUT Media Manager, English only.

Once it's downloaded, connect your device to the PC and launch DM. Click on the Synchronize button and then on the lefthand side, you'll see options for Configuration. Click on Synchronization which will bring up a Synchronization Configuration window. Click on the Synchronization button and you'll then see your options come up for Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book and Tasks. Click on any one of those options and a new window will show you all the options for which client you can sync with. Choose Microsoft Outlook and then press Next. Here you'll see options for how you want the sync to work. Choose the option that best suits your needs. Initially you'll probaby do the one way from Outlook to your device, but after that you'll want to change that to two-way, though it won't hurt to set it that way from the onset. Press Next.

If you've chosen the first option, Calendar, the next screen shows you options for date ranges. Most people choose to transfer only future items and press Next. Voila! You've now set the configuration options for one of the four possible synchronization options!

You'll see an Advanced button on the Select Device application screen. In here you can do custom field mapping if you so choose, set up filters to limit what gets synchronized and tell DM what to do when it finds a conflict with one of the tasks, memos, calendar or address items. I'd suggest you leave those settings as is, at least initially.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to post back if you have any questions!

Regards,
    Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 12-10-2008 at 10:18 AM.

It worked perfect. I was just missing one step. Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

outreach no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is great info but i'm wondering if you can go one step further. The DM is working fine syncing up with all aspects of Outlook (calendar, addy book etc) but for some reason the email is not actually syncing properly. I have checked all of the DM settings but still can't get it working properly in fact now my BB is receiving double emails. Help!

Welcome to PinStack, outreach!

DM does not synchronize e-mail.

What do you mean when you say you are getting double e-mails? Is this for a Gmail account by chance?

I have another question regarding this. I set up a folder for just SMS messages, but now I have two folders for my email, the folder names "messages" and the one that was created for my email. My email is going to both folders. Can I just delete the "messages" folder? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    I have another question regarding this. I set up a folder for just SMS messages, but now I have two folders for my email, the folder names "messages" and the one that was created for my email. My email is going to both folders. Can I just delete the "messages" folder? Thanks
    You can't delete it or stop mail from being delivered to it. It's the central repository for all messages. You can, however hide it, which is what I do.

Scroll over to that icon, press the BB menu button and select Hide. The messages will still go there.....you just won't see it!

By the way, you can do that for any icon you wish. Then, if you want to see what you have hidden, from anywhere on the home screen you can press the BB menu button and select Show All and you'll' see all your hidden icons. That can come in handy if you have a message indicator, but there's nothing in your SMS or e-mail folders! Chances are pretty good they're in that hidden folder!

wow that was quick! my BB receives email from outlook (my work account) so when i am at work i retrieve my mail from my work station but when i am out of the office it is delivered to my BB. but now my bb is receiving 2 of everything (every email is showing up twice on the BB). also if the DM can't sync the email, how can i sync my outlook email with my bb?

Are you on BES at work?

no, we are not using BES

If you hide something, how do you get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    If you hide something, how do you get it back?
    See post #8.

Quote Originally Posted by outreach View Post
    no, we are not using BES
    Okay, so how are you getting your work e-mail to your device? Redirector or through BIS?

yes it is just redirecting through BIS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast